No Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder

Hello everyone. I just wanted to post regarding symptoms of bipolar disorder. I still consider myself newly diagnosed as of August 2018 last year. Since going into a manic episode and being prescribed medication, I have not shown signs or symptoms of having bipolar disorder.

Can anyone else relate that now that you're medicated you show no symptoms of bipolar? I know this is the goal of medicaiton but eliminating all signs of bipolar altogether? If anyone were to ask me, I don't exhibit any signs of symptoms of my bipolar 1 and it has been since November that I've had my last episode (3 manic episodes since being diagnosed in August 2018).

I've been diagnosed over 20 years. I haven't been symptomatic the whole time, even before I accepted that I needed medication. It can wax and wane depending on a whole bunch of factors that are specific to each individual.
    Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Bipolar does go into remission. I had a good three years without any symptoms once (I was diagnosed 16 years ago). I do agree you are early into your diagnosis and it takes a long time to accept something you cannot prove with something concrete like a blood test. Group therapy might help? And definitely bring your apprehension to your doctor.

Comment

I was first diagnosed in 1998 and after a year on meds I felt great and quit taking them... everything was great for a few years, I thought I had beat it... things then started to go downhill and ended up with me admitting myself to emerg in 2014 because I was going to kill myself.... back on the meds, doing regular therapy and I am much better, but will always stay on the meds... just my story, hope it helps you. My Psychologist says that my bipolar is a physiological disease and I will have it for life.

Comment

Working...
        X