Memory Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Issues?

Hello Everyone! I was diagnosed with Bipolar type 2 about 4 years ago now. I am currently on seroquel, duloxetine and lamotrigine. My biggest frustration is that my memory is not very good. my boyfriend says that he will tell me something and I will either forget completely or get the details mixed up. the biggest problem is that he will tell me something 2 or 3 times and I will still forget that he said it. Even my ex-boyfriend mentioned the same sort of thing while we were dating. does anyone else have this problem? does anyone know if this is a result of my medication or just the bipolar itself? I know that we all have our good and bad days but is there any solution to this or anything I can do to make this better? I've tried talking to my psychiatrist and he just tells me to go see my family physician. Thank you for your help!

Hello BellaJoy827 abd welcome to the forum. I have terrible short term memory. I write a lot of lists and notes. In my case I think some of it is the illness and some of it is a medication fog.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I also have a terrible memory as well as terrible eyesight. I 100% believe it’s a medication fog. Frustrating but it is what it is I guess.

Comment

Hello BellaJoy827 and welcome. I have memory problems as well. I think that part is due to the medication and part has to do with the illness. I make notes to help my memory. If my wife asks me to do something while she is at work I either write it down or repeat back to her what she wanted done. Sometimes I just have to say" sorry about that I forgot". Not the type of forget as in I just didn't do it, The type of forgot where I have no memory of being asked. Take Care. paul m.
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
        X