Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you wish someone told you about BP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you wish someone told you about BP?

Hi everyone, I’m 28 years old, and was just diagnosed with BP2. In a little lost as to where to go to read up on it. Hoping you can give me some advise!

Hello Peachpitt and welcome. There are 1000's of sites but if I was to pick three. I would pick the following. The MDAO has a fact sheet about bipolar that is a good starter. https://mooddisorders.ca/faq/bipolar-disorder . CAMH has a ton of material. http://www.camhx.ca/education/online..._Disorder_.htm I also would pick Crest BD. A think tank in BC. They deal with non medicine ways of dealing with bipolar http://www.crestbd.ca/ I'm not anti medicine, but Crest Bd has a lot of good suggestions

There are many other good sites and if you run out of reading I can suggest more. Also don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forum Peachpitt.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you both

Comment

I was diagnosed one year ago....it was an eye opener. I agree. Any site is a source. Good luck. Life not always easy but we can get through in a positive light if we fight to be mindful of ourselves.

Comment

Hello Moodbandit and welcome. Take Care. paul m
            Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forum Moodbandit.
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome Peachpitt and Moodbandit!!

Comment

I wish I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder much earlier in my life .. I started seeing a psychiatrist in 2003 .. but was diagnosed with bipolar disorder ten years later .. I'm 53 now .. And I always felt something was wrong about me since I was a 9 years old kid ..
                  I learned about bipolar from patients .. Or people living with a bipolar person in the same house ..
                  reading books and websites was not enough for me .. Not at all ..

Comment

Hello Jafar. I too suffered from bipolar from an early age. Various doctors concluded that I had a wide range of symptoms, but nobody ever made a real effort to find out what was wrong. I was 37 when they started trying to really diagnose me and 45 by the time they decided it was bipolar. Take Care. paul m
                    Helen Keller

Comment

I do not know that someone could of told me enough. I was found with no vitals a year ago. And I know it can happen again.

Comment

Thanks Paul ...

Comment

Working...
                        X