Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bipolar disorder .. Nightmares .. Sleep terrors ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bipolar disorder .. Nightmares .. Sleep terrors ..

Living with a wife or a girlfriend or even a close friend or a family member in the same place proved to be the wrong option for me .. and I raised the white flag in April 2019 and decided to live alone .. Have my own tiny place for myself ..
    My life is much better now .. Feeling lonely while being alone is less tragic than feeling lonely while living with someone .. It's hard to deny the fact that I can't keep annoying others and ask them to understand that I can't help it .. In the end it's a mental illness
    In brief my life during the past 2 years is a combination of acceptance , awareness and consideration .. all of this is depicted in frequent episodes of self isolation to avoid being seen in an embarrassing situation ..
    it's been known for a long time that sleeping disorders are core parts of bipolar disorder symptoms .. It's not only a matter of insomnia .. it can be the opposite and sleeping for very long hours ( My highest record was 24 hours so far ) ..

The worst part is actually waking up screaming after having a nightmare .. can you imagine how annoying can that be for people living with you ??? .. To be precise my screaming is just like a defense mechanism .. as if I do it to wake myself up and end the terror .. screaming or shouting is like being in pain but being aware in the same time .. sometimes I'm so aware that I remember being in a dream and knowing that it's just another bad dream that will end soon ..
    during the past few nights i had several nightmares were I was waking up without screaming with a happy odd feeling .. I was telling people in my dream : it's just a bad dream and I'm just waiting to wake up and end this silly pathetic try to scare me ..

Unfortunately it's not always like that ..this morning the story was totally different and I was screaming helplessly without waking up .. actually my older son woke me up and told me that my screaming was louder than usual ( my son lives part time with me ) ..
    There should be some solutions for this .. Or maybe prescription for this .. I remember hearing about a medication that can help you have less nightmares .. and I remember reading about it too ( I wasn't dreaming , I hope ) .. If anybody can recommend a drug for this please mention it in a comment ..

Thank you ..
    Last edited by Jafar the wizard; November 27, 2020, 01:55 AM.

hello Jafar.. Mydoc prescribes clonazpam . It"s a benzo so for some people it works well. It is also very cheap.. It's said to be addictive for some people. However it works well for me. I know how tough nightmares can be. For yrs I suffered terrible from nightmares. It got so bad that I would try and stay awake as long as possible just to push back the nightmare that I knew would come. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you paul ..
      have you done anything to stop nightmares from coming back ?
      Last edited by Jafar the wizard; November 27, 2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Hello Jafar. I rely on the medication for it some times..But I also had a bit of help from my shrink. He managed to convince me of value of self worth. I now try and reassure my self that I was a good person with a bad illness and not a bad person with good excuses. I try to reassure myself several times a week that I too am a good person , although I don't say that I am the best of people(at Least) He reminded me that many of the things from my past caused nightmares. For many years I did think that I was a bad person..Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you paul

Comment

The zodiac is very important. I can't even start the day generally without reading the horoscope. In most of all cases, what I read becomes true. So I believe in the zodiac and read a lot of articles. Recently, I've found out the number 5 is a very lucky one. Persons born on this date are inclined to be angels, and they bring luck to all people. I've read about this on https://www.zodiacsigns-horoscope.co...r-555-meaning/. And guess what? I am born on the 5 of November. I was astonished to read such a piece of news for me.
            Last edited by Erpyria; May 6, 2021, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X