Need help with acute episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with acute episode

Hi all I am taking new meds and seeing some improvement. Still a few weeks to go to see their full effect. In the meantime, I don't even know exactly what is going on with me. I am anxious and not sleeping much - pointing to elevated mood, but I also have lost interest in all activities - pointing to depressed mood. I had been powering through - taking care of my kids, tidying the house all the time. I feel tempted to get into bed as much as possible. I feel like a good deep sleep anytime of day would be helpful....if it will come. It's hard tho as I am a little scared to sleep - like I might die! It's been a tough month....doc knows all of this and I have a strong sleeping pill for bedtime. I'm trying positive self talk and I'm trying to find new thoughts so I can "forget" about this background anxiety. Any experiences to share on what felt good while waiting on meds??? I feel so lost in this area. Thank you!

Hi chippy and welcome to the forums. It is hard to hurry up and wait for meds to kick in. When I've been in that position, I do find focusing on self care and being kind to myself has helped a lot. I at least feel like I'm doing something besides waiting.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ! I will try to be kind to myself. I get down when I feel really anxious again after a 'good' period. It seems like anxiety is going to show up daily for now. I can tell it's getting better. I do take long naps and usually 1 lorazepam to get through the day. I have to keep reminding myself that's it's temporary. I won't always be like this ....I will be able to work again and watch my kids for a full day. It's just such a 180 from what I could do a few months ago.

Comment

Hi chippy. I'm glad things are getting better. I understand the 180. I used to be able to juggle 10 balls in the air and multi task without a second thought, not anymore. I am back to being able to do whatever tasks need to be done, even though some may be one at a time now.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
        X