No announcement yet.

Depression is not a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can understand how you feel about your siblings not visiting you. I can't remember the last time any of mine came over. On the other hand they don't fail to complain about others not going over to their place. I didn't mind since it got me out of the house and many times stop to say hello while on a training ride. One Family member complained about seeing me in spandex. I explained I had an endurance mountain bike race coming up and weekends were the only time I had to put the time I needed on a bike. These things didn't bother me until one day at a Sister's they got involved in something that involved my daughter Melissa. Melissa had been in and out of my life for a number of years. Always at the worse of times. In 2005 I had a brother and mother both pass in the same year. A week after my Mother's passing she left a phone message that she never wanted to hear from or see me again. A few years later she was back. Only this time there wasn't anything I could say that was right. I thought if I informed her of the kind of person I was now she would see me differently but after several years of negativity I chose to end the relationship until she chose to treat me respectfully. This is when my sister became involved. What it comes down to is I'm tired of defending myself. I spent 30yrs trying to have a relationship with Melissa and nothing improved. My Sister wouldn't let it go and the worse part it was always brought up with alcohol and drugs ( pot ) which never goes well. I asked Linda ( Sister ) to stop she didn't know the whole story why I stopped speaking to Melissa. I was then told I was feeling sorry for myself. I tried to explain and she should do some reading on depression. What it really comes down to I am tired of being dragged into the past and defending myself. I'm a young 64 yrs old ( May ) and what years I have left I want to live in peace. But with this Linda is the last sibling I had to be close too, even though she had no idea of what my life had been or is. When you are always alone and you lost the only people you had to confide in, life becomes very lonely. The only time I feel normal is when there are people around me. Even strangers. This is when I believe a therapist comes in handy, at least you can express yourself without fear of controversy.

Denis

Comment

Nobody likes being ALONE that much ...

I don't go out of my way to make friends .. that's all ..

It just leads to DISAPPOINTMENT ..

Haruki Murakami ..
      ( Norwegian Wood )

Comment

Working...
      X