Spineless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spineless

Suggestions for growing a backbone now being accepted.

What do you mean gns?

Comment

I mean that I'm a coward and I don't know how to stand up for myself.

Comment

That's a tough one. I often let things slide because I don't want to upset people. I suppose it depends on the seriousness of the situation. I am slowly learning that I can't always shoulder the blame for the actions of others, especially if it is detrimental to my well being. I'm sure you're not a coward. Maybe you're just overly sensitive to the feelings of others, even if puts a burden on you. Take small steps. Practice saying no. I'm not saying I'm a master of it; far from it indeed but I am standing up for myself in the most extreme situations.

Comment

Honestly, i'm scared excessively that someone is going to not only refute my opinions, but verbally tear me (figuratively) into pieces. I'm reading a book at the moment that mentions that kind of emotional response comes from someone who has suffered abuse, but I can't recall being abused physically or emotionally.

Comment

Nothing wrong with not standing up for yourself and keeping quiet when the times calls for it. Takes wisdom.

Comment

Working...
            X