New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

I’m new here and only came across support groups while googling easy ways to die. I’ve been struggling severely for the past few years. My husband is very emotionally abusive and isn’t supportive about anything. I lost my mom two years ago in July and two uncles one right after the other this past summer also in July which just sent me further down. My youngest daughter has behavioural issues which contribute greatly to the stress and depression I feel. Work is the only place I like to be. I hate being at home. I just hate the thought of this being my life forever. I’m currently taking Cipralex 20mg and it does alleviate some of the anxiety but I’m just feeling so hopeless and just don’t know what to do anymore.

Hi and welcome Lelly01,

This is a safe place for you to come and vent your frustrations, talk about life, learn, etc. I've been here for a while now and I check nearly every day to see what is going on.

I'm sorry to hear you're in a rather difficult situation. Life is certainly not easy. I used to suffer from an abusive brother and sister in-law. They were personally unaware of their effects on me and it took a different family member to tell them for them to finally realize it. Eventually, after a few years of them learning how to be "nice" in a way, they've become better. I am in no way comparing this to your situation but simply offering a scenario where something similar ended up in a good result for me in the end. I hope the same results come to you.

Let me also say that if you're thinking at all of harming yourself, please seek help immediately. You are worth fighting for!

Finally, I'd like to say that I too have had very rough times in my life. I was ***ually abused as an early teen (by a stranger) and it has haunted me my entire life. However, I am on the mend and am in a much better situation than I was a few years ago before I started meds, therapy, etc. It can and DOES get better.

Welcome again and I hope you feel better very soon!
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

Hello Lelly01 and welcome. As bucky310 has said this forum is a good place to vent out some frustrations. I can't say what will make you better, but I can say that it is possible. I tried to end it all a couple of times when I thought my life would never get better. Obviously I was unsuccessful and to be honest happily so. My circumstances were different then yours, but I felt just as bleak, I still have off days and weeks, but I no longer have the desire not to wake up every day and I enjoy my life these days.

You may have already tried this, but you may want to talk with your doctor about courses that you can take or different meds that may help to alleviate some of the depressive issues. Also women's shelter often have counselling available for abused women and it doesn't matter if it's emotional or physical abuse. Not all shelters offer this but a lot do and the ones that don't may be able to refer you to somewhere that can. Calling a shelter doesn't mean that you have to be willing to leave your husband. Most counselors realize that you may have reasons for not wanting to leave. Please don't hesitate to use this forum to vent out more of your frustrations and/or ask questions. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you both so much for your replies. It’s nice to have a place I can come to and not feel judged and to be able to read posts by others and be able to talk to other people going through hardships and struggles.

Comment

Hi Lelly01 and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with. As others have said, seek help if you need to, and feel free to come here as you are, and share as little or as much of yourself as you're comfortable with.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome Lelly01,

I am glad that you have found us! It sounds like you are really struggling at the moment. To lose your Mom and uncles in short order must be very hard to understand/cope with, especially with no support from your husband.

I look forward yo reading more of your posts,
            Take care,
            Kaight

Comment

Welcome Lelly01, I'm glad you found this forum. Sounds like you have alot going on. I cannot imagine what your going through with your losses. I'm a newbie here too and I'm so grateful to find such a kind group of people on this forum. I hope you have better days ahead.

Comment

Working...
              X