It's been awhile my 17 yr old cat had Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been awhile my 17 yr old cat had Cancer

hi this is so painful, Tanis was going to be 17 yrs old on Feb 1st. She was not your average cat (others including my partner) agreed. She was my familiar and with me through so much I couldn't even begin. We brought her to vet's this morning before they even officially opened but they were lovely (I've been going their for 30 yrs with rabbits, dogs, cats). They made the ordeal so comfortable I was on the couch in the quiet room with our sleeping pillow (tempurac or whatever it's called is great for arthritis) she would always curl over at the top of my head. This is the first time I've really damned cancer (not even when morther and father were diagnosed they were fine).

Tanis didn't use her claws not matter the age, if I had people over no matter how many she was right there introducing herself. Non winter months she brought me many gifts of food. She empathic when myself, the dogs and my daughter were ill or upset. So many wonderful memories I'm trying to override with my grief. I know definately best decision she was at the end it was so damn quick not even a week after the diagnosis.

sorry for whining but the pain is so much, she the last part of the life of ex wife, mother, house, dog my biologic foundation. Actually, more. Amazing how we know to be prepared but still the heartbroken grief is screaming.

I just wanted to share and say I lost my always longtime companion. She was my support system of never judging. Thanks

Purgatory I understand your pain. I have been thru it too, and it is truly the most difficult thing I've ever had to go thru.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Purgatory. Sorry about your loss. It's always tough to lose a valued pet, especially when they have became such a large part of our lives. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Purgatory,

So very sorry for your loss. It sounds like Tanis was a very special friend. I find it amazing how perfect a match a pet can be - I daresay often better than a human friend.
        I once had a cat that at first I resisted (it was a stray) but I soon realized she was just what I needed. She offered me so much comfort during some of my darkest depressions. This may be a bit out there for some people, but I sometimes toyed with the idea that she was a previously deceased relative come back to keep an eye on me. I am not sure about reincarnation... but I found the thought comforting...

((Hugs))
        Kaight

Comment

thanks everyone I so miss her, it's still hard to sleep without that comforting purr of hers. I rec'd a sympathy card for the vet and not just his signature. Odd how we give pets dignity in dying not allowing them to have a loss of quality of life. It was hard for both of us to let on another go but it was with unconditional love.

Comment

Working...
          X