No announcement yet.

Here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Uni. Both my wife and I have been vaccinated for shingles , but it was only 1 shot..We had no adverse affects. but that was about 5 yrs ago so maybe things have changed. Take Care. paul m
    Last edited by paul m; June 14, 2019, 04:28 PM.
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

How was it AJ? The frozen yogourt is ok but I probably won't buy that flavour again. Does the trick as comfort food though
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

The ice cream was sooo yummy!
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Well, I still feel like crap. Last week was worse than the one before. This week is marginally better. I'm functioning on the outside, doing what's needed, but sick inside much of the time. Apparently this could take a while. Which I already knew, but kind of hoped I could luck out and fast-forward through the bad stuff somehow. Of course that's impossible.

What really set me back was unexpectedly seeing him driving around town. The first sighting since the break up. Whether he saw me, I don't know. It felt like a kick in the gut. Mostly I just miss him terribly. Please tell me these emotions will calm down eventually....
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni; I feel your pain. I do not like to run into exes at all, especially so soon after a break-up. I'm sorry for the pain you're going through. Break-ups are so hard because I think they trigger something primal deep within us. The need to feel connected, I dunno. But yes, time is your friend. Be ever so gentle and loving towards yourself during this time and try to surround yourself with people who have your back and don't mind you being cranky. I remember 6 months after my divorce I told a friend I thought I was passed the worst and she said yes, you're laughing again. I couldn't believe months had gone by where I didn't laugh. It's entirely normal to miss him.

Comment

p.s. Uni, I also wanted to save my marriage but it was my husband that didn't so I completely understand how painful that is. It's sooooo important not to go through the grief alone. Get out with friends, even if you feel numb, dumb or like a bum. They will help distract you for brief periods of time. Lord knows we have enuf time to ruminate when we're on our own. Wish I knew how to do an emoji cuz I'm giving you a big hug

Comment

Uni I agree with Quito, perhaps a visit with a friend is in order. I find it helps to shift the emotional heartache, at least it will give you a break from it. I like to pick a place with the fanciest coffee with whipped cream of course! That way if you're out, you can leave when you're ready to.

Quito, click on the big blue letter A that's above the posting reply window, that will put you in the advanced mode and you will see hug options etc pop up underneath the window.

AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni. . Take Care. paul m
                  Helen Keller

Comment

thx for the tip AJ
                    hugs to you Uni !!

Comment

Thank you so much everybody, Reading your kind and supportive words really helps, and the hugs too

I do feel "numb, dumb and like a bum" in turn these days. Among other feelings. The idea of spending time with friends is a really good one. It does help. Today I went for lunch with a friend, then snagged a different one to wander around the local Canada Day events. My glum outlook: " The live music is too loud and the band sounds awful; the food vendors serve nothing but deep fried junk and liquid sugar, there are no doubt ticks in the grass, and there's no shade anywhere so I'll probably get a cold sore plus sunburn. And I forgot my sunglasses at home which will for sure contribute to getting cataracts." You get the picture.

So I had to do a little self talk, if for no reason than not wanting to drag my friend down. Who, by the way, loves the deep fried stuff, has no ear for music so doesn't care how it sounds, rarely gets a cold sore, and picks ticks off her dog matter-of-factly. So she was a good influence.

And watching the people who are new to Canada, dressed up proudly in red and white, and their appreciative attitude and happy faces got me thinking how much I have to celebrate. I won the lottery by being born in Canada.

Heartbroken and rejected as I may be, boyfriend or lack of, I have a Canadian passport and for that I am extremely grateful. It means that, assuming I eventually get past this $%& and my interest in life returns and I have the energy to pack a carry-on, maybe there's a trip somewhere in my future. I have the 10-year passport, so I can heal at my own pace...

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Happy Canada day, Uni, Paul and AJ.

Uni, I feel ya on the negatives during the Canada Day festivities omg I can relate. Depression and its twisted thoughts. I was invited to a BBQ yesterday. Thanks to Wellbutrin, me and my comfortably numb self did go and I was glad for the company. Glad you had a friend to distract. And I agree about being grateful to be from Canada.
                        I feel sure you will be using that 10 year passport.

Comment

Thanks Quito!

I wasn't born in this country but came here as a child back in 69. When I travel and come back to the Canada, I know I'm home.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thx Quito. I hope that you enjoyed your Canada day too. Take Care. paul m
                            Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you Quito! I'm glad you were able to get yourself to the BBQ and enjoy being with people

An update on my situation: I saw b/f for a second time around town. I was walking and he drove by with a couple of his friends and waved. I waved back more as a reflex than anything. I immediately felt a sick sense of loss, and wanted to be with him. However, I also know the fact that we acknowledged each other means there isn't a ton of negatively. So I guess I have to settle for that. Still going a day at a time, still having moments of anger and a lot of sadness, but not weepy as often, and even had a laugh today, which is progress....

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That is progress to be proud of Uni. Loss is so very hard.
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X