No announcement yet.

Here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Uni. It must be tough to keep seeing your old B/F. My heart goes out to you. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you so much Paul. I appreciate the virtual hugs and the time and effort you put into posting. I hope you're getting by ok.

I keep a rough homemade mood chart, and can see that I'm having fewer times of emotional turmoil, and more times of engaging in life with some actual interest. It's still a rough go, and will be for some time I expect (if past experience is any indication). It seems to be a question of letting time pass, and how to fill that time while it does. I aim for some sort of balance between time alone and time with others. Also doing necessities, walking a bit, numbing out sometimes, and other times just feeling what I must feel. Writing about it is a great help -- to a surprising extent actually.

Two days ago a friend informed me that my b/f (I can't bring myself to call him my ex yet ) saw her in a parking lot and called hello to her and they waved. I told her at least he's not taking anything out on my friends! But that night I dreamed about him for the first time since breaking up. In the dream we reconciled and I felt so happy. Then of course I woke up. Crap! But it was nice to spend a little while with him, even if it was only in dreamland.

And now it's today. My psychologist had strongly suggested meditation to get out of the overwhelming confusion in my mind, so I've been dabbling in it.. This morning I found a meditation video that reminds me I'm loveable (apparently I still am, despite feeling distinctly the opposite). I do feel a little better after the reminder.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I'm sure that you are still lovable. In regards to meditation I hear that some people have great results. For me it doesn't work as I tend to think about the problems that I shouldn't be thinking about. Take Care. paul m
        Helen Keller

Comment

I never was big on meditation either, and still only do a few minutes at a time. I've played around with different ones on youtube and have found a couple that work fairly well for me. Apparently it's normal to have the troublesome thoughts come to mind. They will undoubtedly come, the trick is learning how to send them on their merry way.

I made progress in another area today. I took a spontaneous little excursion to a small town b/f and I used to sometimes go to for a meal. Today I did a few touristy things there, taking my time. Same place, different experience. The drive there and back was pretty lonely, but I put some music on, which helped. I would have preferred to bring a friend, but nobody was available. I'm glad I didn't let that hold me back though.

As a bonus I had an enlightening chat with a store clerk about the local area, something that may not have happened had I been with b/f or someone else for that matter. I find that often happens if you go places alone; people are more likely to talk.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip. Take Care. paul m
            Helen Keller

Comment

Good for you for doing the trip.
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I had considered taking a similar jaunt this weekend. Unfortunately my car's brake warning light came on last night, so no road trips until it's looked at. And that won't happen until Monday at the earliest. Meanwhile I'm not using my car, just to be on the safe side. I can walk or take a bus or cab if I have to, or talk nice to a friend. At least it's not winter. It has occurred to me that if I was still with my boyfriend this would not be a problem. Reality, ick.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I hope that there is nothing serious wrong with your car. Take Care. paul m
                  Helen Keller

Comment

You'll get more fresh air over the weekend. Hopefully it's not an expensive fix Uni.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Unfortunately it will be about a $900 fix, mostly labour of course But at least it's fixable, and my car is worth it to me. Parts were ordered and arrived today, so hopefully it will be up and running in time for the weekend.
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Ouch! I hope you get it back for the weekend Uni.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I got the car back on Friday. It's so nice to have wheels again!
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Did you go for a 'Sunday drive"? Remember those days, before the high gas prices...
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Ah yes, the gas prices of the past... It helps to have a vehicle that gets good mileage.. B/f and I used to go all the time. That's one of the things I miss. So lately I've gone on my own or with a friend a couple of times.. I thought about taking a drive this past weekend, but didn't feel like fighting all the lake traffic around here. But he beauty of retirement is that you can take a Sunday drive on a weekday if you want to.
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                              X