Trying to understand how I feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to understand how I feel

I can’t describe it but something seems all wrong. I feel like I hardly know what’s real and what’s not. I feel like I could wake up from a dream any second now and everything would be totally different. I can’t reach for the future and that’s scary. People my age have kids and live on their own and I can’t even imagine. I don’t think I could. I don’t think I could take care of them. And it wouldn’t be because I didn’t know how, it would be because I physically couldn’t cope with it. Maybe it would be different if I was in that place right now, but I feel like it’s a struggle just to do what I do. My soul feels tired. I feel heavy. I try to think about lifestyle changes, but I always feel the same way. Like nothing I could possibly do would help. That no matter what, I would feel pain doing even what I love. Realizing that nothing I do will ever be enough. Feeling alone when no one is around, and sometimes crowded and irritable when they are. Feeling like nothing matters, like everything is just out of reach, like I am not strong enough to do anything on my own but I am the only one who can live my life and attempt to follow my dreams. I’m not really certain what my dreams are because any time I think about anything I feel simply overwhelmed and exhausted and I can’t imagine what a dream is let alone what mine are. I fear that even if I achieve my dreams nothing will change and I will still feel the same way. I keep doing what I’m doing but it keeps getting worse. I’m tired.
    I just had to get that out somehow. If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Dear PaperStars: oh my gosh I feel I'm in the same boat as you! Heading on a sea with no name, to a place that's not mine cause I really don't know if I belong there or if I would even like it there cause really I don't know what I like or where I like! I don't feel anything but sadness sometimes and people tell me I'm doing better and I want to believe them but i can't because I can't feel anything that is better... Well i just can't feel anything so what am I supposed to do just believe them? Take their words for it cause I don't know what I feel or know what my word is worth, cause it's just blank. Sorry for the rant, if you've read this far I THANK YOU. If anything I hope it helped you feel not so alone.

Comment

DLove4U, thank you! I’m glad to know I’m not the only one to feel this way. I don’t know if this is just life or growing up or something more.

“Heading on a sea with no name, to a place that's not mine” Wow I can really relate to that. Though I do hope that someday I will make it to a place that IS mine, I feel right now that I don’t really belong anywhere. Though I don’t feel sad all the time, I flicker a lot between sadness, irritability, feeling nothing, confusion, and being relatively okay but it never seems to end and I can’t seem to find any control over any of it.

Comment

Working...
      X