Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling

Hi this is my first post so forgive me if I do something wrong.
    i feel like life is a big struggle for me at the moment. I have some chronic health issues , depression and anxiety.
    I am fighting hard to get better it feels so exhausting. I always feel fatigued, often have physical pain . I do sleep but wake up feeling as though I haven’t slept at all. I have been close to giving up in recent months. I have quit a lot of social things and outdoorsy activities. I used to sing in a choir and took some time away.
    Tonight I took the big step of going back to choir , I had to leave and didn’t say bye to anyone. I just feel as though I don’t fit it.
    i look and feel so different to how I used to be I don’t know how to get back again.

Hello Struggling, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry things have been so tough for you. I can relate to how you feel; I've been there, or somewhere very similar.

It is possible to "get back again" as you put it. The way I know to do it is small steps. You've made a start by going back to your choir, and by posting on here for the first time. Those things are very hard to do when you're exhausted and depressed and in pain and anxious, and you've done them.

I hope you're able to get some proper rest soon, that alone can really help. Depression and anxiety are both very treatable, but it can take some time. And by the way, it's pretty hard to post on here and do it "wrong", so no forgiveness needed!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Struggling and welcome to the forum. I agree with Uni. Just going to the choir and posting here are not to be dismissed. Don't worry about making any mistakes on the forum. We're pretty easy going here. If you need any help with the forum just let me know.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you for replying, it helps to know that others understand . I have little support and no one to talk too. I feel so alone and recently lacking in confidence . Although you wouldn’t realize that as I have a successful job.
        Its difficult to feel alone and as though I don’t fit it.
        what kind of small steps do you suggest to do on my own . I have tried taking time for myself after work in coffee shop for example but everyone is so busy , it often feels like I’m in a dream world.

Comment

Working...
        X