Edibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edibles

My sons have been after me for months, trying to get me to take edibles for depression. One of them gave me some of his gummy edibles on Friday. I cut one gummy into 8 pieces and took a piece before bed. I have never slept so well and was in a good mood all weekend. I ordered a bunch online from a BC website called Ganja Express. I think the combination of my tablespoon of spirulina and the edibles are going to help me immensely because I really don't feel the Wellbutrin is doing enough for my mood. I'll stay on it for now, but if these edibles do the trick, why not. Anyone else have experience using edibles as treatment for depression?

Hello Quito. Thx for posting that. I don't use marijuana, however I do know many people who do. Many people get a benefit out of marijuana( I am presuming that the edible are marijuana). . The problem is how much to take. Too much and it is a depressant. too little and it doesn't have any effect. Keep us informed on how you make out. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Quito, i've been dabbling with gummies for a couple months now. I think you have to be careful about building tolerances as I seem to be doing. As i am at the beginning stages of a coming depression (i've had a major clinical episode several years ago so i know where i'm at, and am deathly afraid of going down there again), I've actually stopped using weed as I think the accentuating effects of whatever you're feeling could make things worse. I dunno, but i don't want to chance the slippery slope.

Paul, are you on the Maple leafs forums? I recall i may have chatted with you about depression a long time ago.

Comment

Hello Andyl and welcome. I've never posted on Maple Leaf forums, however I am glad to meet you now. Take Care. paul m
        Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Quito,
          I also know people who use edibles for depression/anxiety, specifically CBD. As far as I know the science is still out, and it has kind of become a bit of a snake oil since it was shown to help people with seizure disorders. My thing also is that these things are unregulated and could have a rebound effect, as was mentioned. So, while it may help in the beginning I am not sure about long-term usage. So I would say: use with caution, just monitor your mood as you go. I used to smoke an excessive amount of pot, which is likely not comparable, and it definitely did not help. ha! oh jeez. all the best

Comment

Welcome to the forum Andyl.

I agree with the others, the challenge is not knowing how much is an appropriate amount. The other issue is that not all products have the same portion of CBD and THC, and the body also takes in a different amount depending on what form it comes in. Science will hopefully catch up.
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you for all the thoughtful responses to my post. I tend to only go online now and then so I'm sorry I can see I'm late to my own thread.

Andy, I think you're right about building tolerances and MissMoods, I agree to use this with caution since I've noticed over the last 2 weeks, my mood is just as depressed as before. It was only the first couple nights I felt relief from depression.

But I will say, these little gummies are helping me sleep so awesome. I take 25mg (one eighth of a gummy) one hour before bed and then I sleep for 10 hours.

Aside from edibles not doing much for my depression, neither is the Wellbutrin. I see my doc next Friday and I think I'm gonna tell him anti-depressants aren't doing anything. But I really don't want to use an SSRI since most of them were way too crazy (Paxil made me speed talk and not give a sh*t about anyone else's feelings, Effexor made my skin crawl,and Prozac made me feel insane). So I'll discuss with him and see what he says. I think I need to distance myself from a few family members and friends who were toxic for my self-esteem and just learn to live alone for a while.

Comment

I saw my doc yesterday and told him Wellbutrin really wasn't helping. I'm trying a keto diet, where I don't eat more than 20 grams of carbs per day. Hoping this will help me. Once I get past the first week it becomes way easier.

Comment

Hello Quito, Good Luck with your diet. It sounds interesting, Let us know how it well it works for you. Take Care. paul m
                  Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Quito. Sorry about your situation. I too have just started Wellbutrin (about 2 weeks now) and with the 150 dose I didn't have many side-effects other than some constipation. But after being on 300 mg for a week now, constipation has gotten way worse, nightsweats, no appetite, some erectile problems and agitation. This was touted as the drug with the least side-effects. Yeah ok doc.

Also, could you please tell me (or private message) as to where you found 200mg gummies? I have been using and ordering edibles for 3 years and I've never seen a dose nearly that high.

Comment

Hey NotNow; sorry Wellbutrin is giving you side effects. My problem with Wellbutrin wasn't side effects, it just wasn't doing anything for my depression.

You can find 200 mg gummies at Ganja Express.ca
                      Dosing is very individual but also very important. I only take one eighth of a gummy (25mg) before bed.

Comment

The problem with edibles is most suppliers do not regulate the THC content. You sometimes get more THC than you want or less. Also, is hard to trust non regulated producers of these items. What ingredients are they using, what experience do they have? Just my thoughts

Comment

Hi Quito,

How's the Keto diet going?

Sorry to hear your depression is persisting - the sleeping sounds good though! Is it a restful sleep? Do you dream a lot?

Take care,
                          Kaight

Comment

I was just popping in here to update my status and see your post, Kaight, thank you.

I did really well on keto for 3 weeks and lost 9 pounds. This past week I've been eating whatever I want. I hope to go back to keto after a supper party this weekend. I stopped the Wellbutrin and I'm fine without it. I started seeing a counselor to talk about some stuff. My sleep is fantastic. I dream no more than usual but I feel rested in the morning - it's really nice.

Comment

If you guys are from Ontario I've found some pills on the ocs website that I use.

I was able to find ones with 2.5mg thc in them a nice light dose which does the trick for me relaxation wise.

If I really want to feel it I can take two of those and the 5mg combined is able to help me sleep. If I take 3 I feel too inebriated.

But I've found they have a lot of different dosages on that site. It's worth it in my opinion. And they're a little more scientific when measuring stuff versus companies who create gummies. Same effect, but results are more consistent.
                              Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X