Little things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little things

Little things are starting to get me down. My emotions remain very near the surface since being dumped by my boyfriend. Have you ever gone to eat a cracker, and have it break in two before you get it to your mouth, and then you start to bawl? It happened to me tonight. I try not to beat myself up,and I know this too shall pass, but I feel like such a pathetic loser right now.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

I have a hard time letting myself cry. Perhaps that cracked cracker did you a favour? Ok I may be a lousy comedian, but I am certain you are not a loser!

We'd all be just fine if we could get the universe to follow our well made plans.

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ. I like your sense of humour, and I think you're right about the cracked cracker doing me a favour. Obviously the tears were asking to come out.

That darn universe. It keeps forgetting that I run the show, and gives me no end of trouble
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I don't know much , but I do know that you are not a loser. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

(((Hugs))) to you Uni.

Comment

Thank you Paul and Kaight. your replies mean a lot. Things are getting somewhat better most days, but I still wish I could fast forward through this %&$* Anyway thanks for your support
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi uni. I haven't been around here for some time but that's not to say that my life has been a bed of roses and that I couldn't use the support I always got from the fine people on this forum. I suppose I have been doing well in some respects but overall I'm quite tired of it all. Anyhow, I thought I would check it out here and I just want to say that I'm sorry you are struggling right now. You know for a fact that you aren't a loser. Frankly I am amazed at how upbeat you are all the time. Your jokes always give me a chuckle. And for the record, I sometimes get choked up and on the verge of tears when I have to brush my teeth. I can't explain why but it just pushes some weird button. I hope you are feeling better. And a shout out to Paul and AJ. Kudos to you both for keeping this shelter in the storm available to all of us prodigal warriors! I will never forget how this forum saved me.

Comment

Thx for the Thx Determined. Sorry to hear that you are still having problems.. Take Care. paul m
                "Alone we can do so little;
                Together we can do so much"
                Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Determined, I appreciate your comments. It's nice to hear from you. I wonder if there's a childhood memory associated with brushing your teeth? I understand the feeling of 'tired of it all'. I hope you're feeling better soon.
                  AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Good to hear from you Determined.

I liked your visual of a bed of roses. It reminds me of the Bon Jovi song - it came out when I was in elementary school, and I always found it odd that he wanted to lay someone down in a bed of roses. My experience with roses up to that point had been trimming the bushes in the back yard with my mom. We would put on long pants and long sleeve shirts and thick leather gloves. I still always managed to get all scratched up by the thorns. My point is, maybe your life is like a bed of roses: on first look, very pretty, but in fact very thorny and unforgiving. (Please excuse my odd tangent!!)

Take care,
                    Kaight

Comment

Thanks for your encouraging comments Determined. It's great to hear from you, despite your being quite tired of it all. I understand that feeling and hope it will lift for you one day soon.

As for the tears being triggered sometimes when brushing your teeth, I've never connected that. AJ may be onto something with the memory thing. I have connected looking in the mirror with starting to cry the odd time. I don't like looking at the sad me I think.

Kaight, I like your take on the roses. I suppose it's a little like the glass half empty/full. Yes thorns have roses but roses also have thorns!
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                      X