Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depressed

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum. I've been depressed for a few years and over this past year it has become difficult to live with. There are so many emotions that are tough for me to express and its overwhelming. There's sadness, anger, hopelessness and confusion and they shift constantly and rapidly throughout the day. But these words aren't enough to describe how I'm feeling. I also feel a sense of detachment from the world and isolate myself because I don't feel I can connect with others. Is there anyone out there that can identify with this?

Hello and welcome GChopsticks. When ever my moods get out of control I can identify with your problems.As well sometimes it's hard for me to tell if it's the bipolar or if it's just a normal life condition. For example if I am feeling low for a couple of days(sometimes weeks) I don't know if that's illness related of just part of my makeup. My wife is affected to a small degree by seasonal affective disorder,(S.A.D.) , but doesn't need medication for it. When I get affected by S.A.D, I'm not sure for a while whether it's another onset of depression and whether or not I should get medication for it. When I get depressed I tend to feel detached from everyone else. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi GChopsticks and welcome. When I'm depressed I can feel very lonely in a room full of people. I do much better connecting with others on a one to one bases at those times.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

What I read in your initial post speaks to the way I feel precisely. Why do we have this in us? What causes this? Why Us? I live my life now day to day g hoping each day that I will feel the way I used to about life. I worry constantly that my family is being hurt by my mental health. I feel guilty and worthless. I apologize for everything. I understand you I think
        Last edited by Chrispy; August 6, 2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Hi GChopsticks. Welcome.

I very much identify with what you've described. I also agree that words don't properly explain the experience. It's not just anger, it's rage... It's not sadness, it's despair... But those don't quite describe it in the sense that others who don't experience it can understand it either. It's gets so frustrating that sometimes I don't feel anything (empty and devoid of everything). I've just learned extremely bad news, and I feel nothing. I should be devastated but I'm blasé. Which worries me, not emotionally, intellectually.
          Last edited by Harleem; August 6, 2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome and for reassuring me that I'm not alone in my struggle. Life could be tough and it helps to find people who understands you when the rest of the world doesn't. So thanks. And thanks, Chrispie for the upvote.

Comment

Working...
            X