Anxiety is a Mood Disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety is a Mood Disorder

We should have a forum section dedicated to anxiety disorders - I am having a hard time and would most likely find myself there.

Welcome to the forum Mike88. You are welcome to talk about anxiety disorders in any section of this forum. Many of us who post here are dealing with a mixed bag of mental illness diagnosis. A dedicated section is a possibility, but in the meantime, feel free to start a topic.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome Mike88. I have suffered from anxiety much more than depression but this last episode of depression was very difficult. Luckily for me my medication is working really well and the bonus is that it has also taken care of my anxiety issues. Even though I just retired, I have a very busy stress filled life. I’m trying to make the best of it as best I can.

Comment

I really like these free info guides from CAMH. This is the anxiety one:
        https://www.camh.ca/-/media/files/gu...y-guide-en.pdf

AJ, not sure if I did this right. Please let me know what I should do differently.
        Last edited by Rosey; September 29, 2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Rosey, your link to the pdf file and the website were perfect!
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome Mike88!

Although depression is my biggest bugaboo, anxiety gets in there too. The two seem to go together for a lot of people. Maybe a thread on anxiety would work. I think it's technically not a "mood disorder" by definition in the medical diagnoses manual, but it really affects people regardless. It's certainly fine to post about it around the forum, like AJ said.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Generalized Anxiety Disorder is in the DSM5, it is a recognized disorder and closely associated with panic attacks and other types of anxiety.

Comment

Welcome Mike88.

Comment

Working...
                X