I get random bouts of depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get random bouts of depression

Hi everybody, I'm in the late 30s and I've always had these periods of sadness/depression for no real reason. My mood just changes and there is an emptiness that comes over me.

I went through two major episodes of depression during high school and again in my early 30s. Both related to family issues and life uncertainties at the time. I worked hard to change my circumstance around and even moved to a new city. I have a stable job that I'm really good at and have a girlfriend whom I have not told about my depression issues.

Yet, I get unexpected moments that causes me to feel really depressed. Like I don't want to part of this world anymore. It chains me down to the point I don't want to get out of bed. I wish these negative feelings would just go away.

Hi TurtleWorld and welcome to the forum. Have you considered talking to your doc about it? It might be worth an evaluation.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi Turtleworld, these unexpected bouts my provide a key to the source of the depression. Did anything happen that triggered the feeling, such as a connection to issues from the past? It could also be in the present, such as a criticism or problem that's difficult to solve.

Comment

I can relate, Turtle World. Welcome to the forum! I hope you will post again.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
        X