Avoidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoidance

Can anyone relate to this? I have things going around in my mind and emotions that make me very unhappy. I'm not in a place of talking about them to another person, and know it would help to journal about them. But I'm avoiding it. It would mean facing reality on one or two issues, and I plain old don't want to! I guess I'll give myself a bit more time; there's no urgency other than not wanting to have these feelings and thoughts. Not sure any of this makes sense, but I did get myself to post about it at least, which must count for something
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hello Uni. I can understand your problem. I often have the same problems. At times reality can really sucks and so I sometimes put it on the back burner. That usually doesn't help. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Uni I can very much relate to ‘not wanting to’! Probably the main reason my writing pen is collecting dust. I’ve decided to not pressure myself to do something I’m not ready for.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks Paul and AJ. I've decided not to write about the icky stuff until sometime next year
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I received a coil bound journal called Blessings for Christmas. It is a challenge to write only good.
          Last edited by AMargueri55; January 7, 2020, 12:18 AM.

Comment

A journal for Blessings sounds interesting. Even one small blessing per day. Which reminds me of today's good thing. We got a huge amount of snow today and I actually enjoyed shoveling it
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Kinda mixed together posting here with posting on the "one good thing" thread. So I will try and think up another good thing for that thread
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Still avoiding Actually I feel ready to do the journaling, but currently I have a friend staying with me, so other things are coming first. I feel ok about delaying for now.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I have not put pen to paper either. It is a time in life when I know it would be helpful. Also avoiding...
                  AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I journaled briefly today. Mostly to catch up on factual stuff, but it required opening the book and writing in it, so that must count for something
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
                      Can anyone relate to this? I have things going around in my mind and emotions that make me very unhappy. I'm not in a place of talking about them to another person, and know it would help to journal about them. But I'm avoiding it. It would mean facing reality on one or two issues, and I plain old don't want to! I guess I'll give myself a bit more time; there's no urgency other than not wanting to have these feelings and thoughts. Not sure any of this makes sense, but I did get myself to post about it at least, which must count for something
                      Its important to talk about your emotions with somebody, family is first choice because they know you the best, if they are not supportive, and it happens. Then, you should try a counsellor. You should always make time to develop yourself. There is nothing more important then you, well i would say God but that is me.

Comment

Thank you Prycejosh. I appreciate your input. I've been able to deal with many of those uncomfortable feelings recently by writing, and by talking to a dear friend who never judges. It has helped a lot.
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                        X