effexor to wellbutrin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

effexor to wellbutrin

Doc just switched me from effexor to wellbutrin, have to wean the ffexor while taking a low dose of wellbutrin. Nothing has ever worked for my constant anxiety, hoping this does, but very wary. I have lived with anxiety for many years

Hi Chippie and welcome to the forum. I hope all goes well with your medication changeover.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Chippie, and welcome. I experience anxiety too, sometimes quite a lot, other times not much. I don't know which antidepressants are the best bet to deal with it. When I took Effexor for depression, my anxiety seemed to lessen, although I didn't realize it until I quit taking it. I hope your change in medication will help, Please keep us posted
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Chippie and welcome. I'm no pro so m answer may not be right. Effexor and wellbutrin are fairly good at being an antidepressant but I seldom hear of either one being used for anxieties. You might want to talk with your pharmacist and Doctor about the use of medications that are quicker acting and are designed to lift anxiety. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by Chippie View Post
          Doc just switched me from effexor to wellbutrin, have to wean the ffexor while taking a low dose of wellbutrin. Nothing has ever worked for my constant anxiety, hoping this does, but very wary. I have lived with anxiety for many years
          That is because anxiety is something you have to address yourself, medication is half the job the other half is developing your persona, and health system.

Comment

Working...
          X