Mood changes through Depressive Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mood changes through Depressive Episode

I am struggling with having good and bad days during my recovery from a depressive episode. On my bad days, I feel so defeated that I wonder if the fight is worth it. On my good days, I continue to get my hopes up that the worse is over. Then - BAM! I am fighting the anxiety and depression all over again. Has anyone experienced this and what have you done to ease the see-sawing?

Hello Sad in Paradise, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you've been going through depression, I truly know what it's like to be in that space, and I hope that your good days become more frequent. It is a roller coaster ride I know. I wish I had some great tips to ease the see sawing, but mostly I just try and do stuff while I'm feeling good, and be gentle with myself when I'm not, until things level out.

In my experience, getting through depression is like looking through a venetian blind. It will open up a wee bit, just enough to let me see some sunlight between the slats. Then it shuts again and it's dark. After a while it opens again, this time a little wider, before it closes. Next time, the sunlight spaces are wider still, and stay that way longer. This goes on until one day I realize the blind has been open for a while and I had quit paying attention to it. That's what I think recovery from an episode is like. I don't know if I've explained it very well, but in any case I hope you soon see more sunlight, for longer.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I was dealing with the same thing. I found that magnesium helped my mood swings immensely. Maybe take a look at that?

Comment

Working...
      X