Hi. New guy here! My story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. New guy here! My story

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker here off and on for a while. Thought I should sign up.

Im a 35yr old who lives in NW Alberta. Have a spouse with 2 children.

I've always been a shy person, anxious as a child. My mom tells me that they couldn't tell me we were going somewhere like on a trip or something because I'd get upset stomach e.t.c.

I can't recall exactly but approx. 12 years ago I was prescribed sertraline (zoloft) for my anxiety. Not being informed and somewhat naive I went off and on it at my own volition. But it was a big help when I was on it.
    fast forward to 8 months ago, I triggered a massive panic attack by smoking pot before bed. And it's been mostly downhill from there.
    changes at work, good friends moving away, depression like I've never felt before.

Saw my dr and were upped the sertraline from 50mg to 100mg. Side effects were too much and we think it's "pooped out" for me. Also referred me to a therapist which I've avoided all those years from being stubborn.

Right around the start of the covid crisis we switched me to trintellix (vortioxetine). 5mg first week then 10mg every week after. It made me nauseous for an hour or so after and not every time... really hit or miss. It helped with my depressive thoughts but my anxiety has spiked.

Then the news of my company leaving Canada (leaving me unemployed) myself having inappropriate conversations with another woman over text, school closed, kids home all day...... it's been a hard hard hard time to say the least.

The anxiety and it's physical symptoms have me struggling. I panic about the symptoms and around we go! (Been here done this year's ago)

Went to dr the other day and said the trintellix isn't the worst but I need something for my anxiety.
    He prescribed Wellbutrin (bupropion) 150mg for starting.
    I started it yesterday at lunch time and cut the trintellix to 5mg which I take at dinner.

Now my stupid mind searches Google to find all the side effects, symptoms and everything else I can find.
    I take an ativan when I feel like I'm losing my grip on controlling my thoughts like this morning. I don't want to take one everyday so I wait for it to build up to the point I have no choice....

My next step if I see no positives from wellbutrin is to get a referral for a psychiatrist! My dr doesn't really ask any questions or seem to genuinely better concerned and just writes a prescription... too much of that these days it's unfortunate.

anyways I'll leave it at that for now! Thanks for reading and take care.

Hi Clayton1985 and welcome. Thank you for sharing a little something of yourself with us.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Clayton1985 and welcome. Thx for sharing. Good luck with the wellbutrin. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks guys!
        challenging times for sure.

Comment

Welcome Clayton1985. Hope you enjoy these forums. They're a great place to vent frustrations, celebrate successes, what have you. I've been a member for a while now. And although I do not post all the time, I am reading the forums nearly every day.
          Sorry to hear you are having a rough time as of late. Hope things turn around for you soon!
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

Thanks bucky!
            when it rains, it pours!
            I found a really good (in my opinion) book last night called "A life at last" that I started reading. Im not a reader, never been into books e.t.c. im finding this book very easy and informative thus far.

Comment

Hello Clayton1985 and welcome! It sounds like you've been really going through a lot. I hope you start to feel better soon.
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi

I am new to this form, I don't know how to start my own post and I decided to reply to other people's post, hopefully someone will guide me how to post my own instead of replying to other's post.

I was being diagnosed with schizophrenia and I have no previous training in law or psychiatry. After I was coached by my lawyer how to prepare myself to answer questions from forensic psychiatrist, I was still questioned further by forensic psychiatrist. I am interested to research further how to upgrade my presentation skill in order to win the impression that what was happening was due to schizophrenia.

I am interested to learn the success story of other people with the same diagnosis schizophrenia and were able to present themselves during forensic psychiatrist appointment to win the impression that what were happening were due to schizophrenia. As far as I know people such as R v Swain; Vince Li from Manitoba; Jonah Fluxgold 2008 were the success story that I want to learn about the interview between these people and the forensic psychiatrist. I wonder if I can review the interview sessions for the forensic psychiatrist appointment for these successful people.

Thanks

Hong Shee

416-604-5943

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton1985 View Post
                  My next step if I see no positives from wellbutrin is to get a referral for a psychiatrist! My dr doesn't really ask any questions or seem to genuinely better concerned and just writes a prescription... too much of that these days it's unfortunate.
                  You have a family and that is something not a lot of people have. Its "good karma" investing in your close family. If the doctor is not supportive find another doctor that is more helpful, or you could complain to the superiors at the doctors. Do not give up, but find ways to make success knock on your door, figuratively speaking.

Comment

Working...
                  X