Vyvanse is working for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vyvanse is working for me

Decent New Year, everyone. I decided not to type "happy" all things considered. I know many of us struggle.

I just wanted to pop in to say I've been on Vyvanse for a month and think it is the best drug I've ever taken for depression. Not including Serzone which they took off market in late 2003 due to liver damage.

Vyvanse is normally prescribed for Attention Deficit Disorder. It's a mix of dopamine and norepinephrine. I was on Zoloft but that just numbed me and I didn't care about anything. So now I have the pleasant surprise of Vyvanse. The funny part is I actually had it prescribed for appetite control, which is a strong side effect. It's definitely working to reduce appetite but I'm especially surprised and happy to see it gives me energy and helps my mood. I wake up in the morning and want to get out of bed and live the day. Thank you, Santa Claus!!

Quinto,

Thank so much for sharing this information with the forum. I am sure others can benefit from this information.

Mocha231

Comment

Hello Quito. I'm glad to hear that the Vyvanse is helping you so much, that's great news! I've never heard of Vyvanse before. Thanks for the information on it. And so far my new year is decent
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks for the update Quito. It’s always a good thing when you find a drug or drug combo that helps.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Good day, Quito. I've never heard a positive feedback about Vyvanse working before, and am so happy that Vyvanse is helping you so much, that's fantastic news!

Comment

Welcome to the forums timothyeboyce.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

The honeymoon is over on Vyvanse. It's for people with ADHD and a side effect is appetite control, which is what I was looking for. I'd heard the side effect eventually wears off. Here I am, three months later and as big as a house. My binge eating disorder is out of control. I buy healthy groceries, stock the fridge but still order unhealthy take out like fish and chips, McDonald's or pasta from Trifon's. Not to mention junk food like chips and donuts. I feel pretty ashamed about being sixty years old and stuffing my pie hole like a maniac. I'm just a dysfunctional mess.

I see my psychiatrist tomorrow and will tell yet another person my sordid history. He had me seeing his students but tomorrow I get to see him which is good. A twenty something psychiatry student is not going to understand this old beat up model. Anyway, I think I'm done with trying a million different types of medications. I read up on MAID, the medical assisted dying legislation. Apparently March 2023 is when they'll start letting mentally disordered folks choose this option. I prayed to God I never choose that because I don't want to hurt my two sons. I'm basically alive because of them. I'd have checked out long ago if it were not for those lovely lads.

On another note, my son and his wife invited my brother in law and his daughter (my sister passed last April) for Xmas and now Easter supper. I've rarely felt comfortable in their company. Xmas I did not enjoy myself at all. I may not go to Easter supper.

Three a.m. and I'm awake but I napped way too long today. Normally my 30mg of Amitriptyline does the trick. Nights like these I ruminate. If I can't stop, I just go on the computer or read.

Blah, blah, blah. I'm tired of myself. The one good thing I have going for me is I'm writing third draft of a young adult (coming-of-age) novel. I've had an author evaluate it through my writers guild and she gave me excellent input I can use to get it in best shape possible before I start querying agents/publishers. I'm also attending a writers conference in California this August and will visit a couple vineyards for site research while there. My novel setting is a northern Californian vineyard. This story has been a wonderful thing for me to work on in retirement. I believe writing was my true calling, not a government bureaucrat.

Other good news is my son and his wife had their second baby. Now they have an 18 months old girl and a brand new baby boy. He is so perfect. My other son and his wife are expecting in July. So I have two good things, grandchildren and the novel to keep me semi interested in life. I'm not kidding, other than that, the party is really over in my mind. Horoscope keeps saying major success and love coming in. I laugh.

Comment

Hi Quito,

I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. It is good you are seeing the psychiatrist tomorrow and I hope that goes well.

I am glad you are able to identify some positives that you do see in your life. I am very impressed with your writing as I am an aspiring (non-fiction) writer myself, but have yet to start writing. I took part in a free workshop a couple of months ago online to get some inspiration though. It takes great commitment and discipline to get to a third draft! Congratulations on that!

Thanks for sharing - I am glad you reached out here.
                "The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri ~

Comment

Hello Quito. I'm sorry to hear things have gotten so tough,for you lately. I hope the psychiatrist is of help..As for the whole food thing, that can really be disheartening. But at least you're looking at it with honesty. And about your writing - way to go! I agree that writing something can help a person be "semi interested in life". I'm doing some these days too. I really hope things start to turn around for you soon, especially since you seem to be on a roll in the the grandma department. I'm rooting for you
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks Running and Uni.
                    I went to see my psychiatrist and he was brilliant. Asked all the right questions and had my little cry. Within ten minutes he said I may have a couple traits from personality disorders. He prescribed psychotherapy and increased Vyvanse from 30mg to 60mg. I booked a therapist for May 1st.
                    What I really want is to eat clean and exercise but inertia grips me. Hopefully therapy shakes something loose.

Comment

Hi Quito. That is good news that you have a psychiatrist that you are able to work with.

Hope keeps me anchored during difficult times. I hope all goes well with the therapist.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ. It is nice to feel a bit of hope. I always knew I wasn't baked long enuf in the oven growing up, and I even suspected my personality didn't develop fully. I hope the counselor I booked is good. I'll post again after I see her May 1st. Thanks for all your goodness on this site ​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks Quito. Yes please keep us posted. I hope all goes well on May 1st.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Quito. I'm very glad to hear things went so well with your psychiatrist, I'm also very glad you're feeling some hope, I think even a little hope makes quite a difference. And I hope the counselor is a good fit for you too. Wishing you the best!
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Quito,

I am happy to hear things went so well with the psychiatrist. That is great news.

Yes, issues from childhood can have a profound effect on us as adults. I am happy to hear you are reaching out to get professional help to work through what you are feeling and experiencing.

Keep us posted.
                              "The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri ~

Comment

Working...
                              X