Summer moods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer moods

Does anybody here find their mood is better in the summer? Mine seems to be, at least so far this year, but I think it has a lot to do with the activities and people I've been involved with. I get grouchy and feel icky in general in hot weather, but the fact there is no snow makes it easier to get around and therefore I do more outdoor stuff. So is it summer, or is it other stuff, I wonder?
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hi Uni,

I think that summer (more sunlight to be precise) does make a difference for a lot of people. I also think that you are right in pointing out that the summer weather encourages other healthy activities that help us to live healthier lives i.e. many people get vacation time in the summer when they can get out of their stressful job situations for a while, and many people find it easier to exercise which also has mood benefits.

For me, I have seen improvement in my mood with the longer days that summer brings; however, there are many things that have changed for me since spring (including meds) that may also be playing a role. Usually my mood doesn't seem to be correlated with the seasons though, some of my worst depressions have been in the summer...

astronaut

Comment

Hello Uni. Usually I have no symptoms of S.A.D. in the summer, but I can get a bit depressed if I over do it too much. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

I can clearly remember summers during which I was very depressed. I think that winters still make me more susceptible though. Looking back, it seems that I can get depressed due to either physical or situational causes, and sometimes both together. What a life we lead
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
        X