Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing up November!

It's the end of November and I'm still in the game

Rare is the day I don't use my SAD light, and I continue to find that it helps. Gives me a better start to the day than coffee, in a way that's hard to explain. I still struggle with sleeping some nights, but am getting up relatively early most of the time. Every little bit helps.

However, light or not, I'm on the edge of a funk right now. It may have something to do with the darkness, I'm not sure, but I'm going to keep an eye on things and stay connected with people that are good for me. Tonight I have a low-stress friend coming over for the evening, which is something to look forward to. I got out in the extremely low temperatures today for coffee with a friend and some grocery shopping, so am pretty proud of that. It's easy to get down on myself for not doing more, but lots of stuff doesn't require the importance and urgency I think it does at the time.

Now I'm home and my car is plugged in for the night, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Today should bring warmer temperatures and even some sun for awhile. It sounds like you're taking good care of yourself even though you're on the edge of a funk.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ, I'm doing my best. Up early-ish today and already plan to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon. She phoned last night to suggest it. I'm glad she did, as I wasn't eager to make plans on my own and likely wouldn't have phoned her. I'll also run a couple of errands, seeing I'll be out and about. Still extremely cold here but should warm up a bit as the week goes by.

I forgot to report that I have been walking again - sporadically, but walking nevertheless. Go me
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I'm not talking to anyone from the west right now. Last year the west allowed Toronto to win the Grey cup,but would they allow Hamilton to win this year,nooo. LOL

I had a look at the temps out there and I see that it's a more than a little chilly. I also checked out Northern Ontario and I can see why I no longer have any desire to live that far north.

Good for you getting out and doing some walking.

Quick joke for you. What's the difference between and American and a Canadian?

A Canadian knows how to pronounce Saskatchewan. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Paul, I love your sense of humour and have now had my morning chuckle, thanks

*Of course* Hamilton was not going to win, that would just go against nature.

I once saw a video of Ellen DeGeneres trying to pronounce Saskatchewan. You can imagine how that went! Proves what you said though, after all she is Merkin

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, and it's probably too much information, but sometimes (like today) I multi-task and use my SAD light while sitting on the "throne". Yeah, too much info
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
          X