Holiday routine - not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday routine - not!

I have been out of my routine thanks to Christmas. Which is ok in most ways except that I haven't used my SAD light for three days running. I was up early today and could have used it, but forgot! On the up side, I went on my b/f's treadmill for half an hour so maybe that's just as good for the mood

Is anybody else out of their routine? Now as soon as I typed that I see it's a stupid question....
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hi Uni. Good for you for going on the treadmill. I was out of my routine Christmas Day but now that I'm at home I'm almost back into my routine. Med changes make that a little more difficult.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni. There are no stupid questions, but I may give a stupid answer from time to time. LOL. Am I back into my routine? I may or may not be, but if someone can tell me what day of the week it is, I may be able to answer. Everything has sort of blurred together lately LOL.

Perhaps I can piece things back together, go to church with spouse Christmas Eve, volunteer 11pm 24th to 7am 25th, took 17 calls, 10 of whom were spending Christmas alone and had nobody else to say Merry Christmas too, drove home, had breakfast with wife @ 7:30 am on 25th, then opened presents went to bed for 4 hrs, got surprise call from nephew who has seen his sunlight in stripes for 11.5 yrs, but now has phone priviledges, then drove 300km to #1 sons place arriving at 5pm in time for supper with #1 and # 2 son and spouses and new grandson,more exchange of presents, went back to #2 son's place and spent the night. Dec 26th, got up had breakfast with #2 son and spouse , went over to #1 son's place so wife could play with new grandbaby again, then drove 100km to get to brother's place for 4pm sibling and family get together, people are late(heavy traffic), some spouses arguing, dinner late, behaved myself and didn't get dragged into any debates(now that's a change), one brother usual irritating self,managed to ignore him too, had late supper and drove 200 km home, got home unpacked van, read new book I got for Christmas.

I think today is Saturday, but I'm not sure and I've spent so much time sitting on my butt over the last few days that I don't think that I have legs anymore LOL. Take Care. paul m

P.S. Uni, good for you for using a treadmill.

P.P.S. AJ, I hope that your meds change work out well for you.
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

lol uni. I still manage to ride my exercise bike every evening while watching a British sit-com. I keep doing that regardless of the day because it is actually one of the few things I look forward to. On reflection I must be more messed up than I thought if I look forward to exercise.

Comment

I am impressed with anyone that can stick to an exercise routine. I find it really hard sometimes. I do walk but sometimes I can come up with a lotta reasons to avoid it. And Paul, I just don't know how you do what you do either without losing it. Takes a lot of self control .

Comment

oddly enough I look forward it. It's one of the few times I actually feel relaxed and feel like I am doing something constructive. It doesn't hurt that I am watching a youtube video either.

Comment

I admire how you stick to your bike routine, Determined I'm thinking you may be *less* messed up than you thought if you look forward to exercise!

Btw you don't happen to be following Coronation Street by any chance? There's also Eastenders and others of course, but I'm a fan of "Corrie".
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Aw shucks, thanks uni. I prefer walking or riding a real bicycle but I'm not one for the cold so I don't venture out much during the winter. We have been getting brutally cold weather again for the past week and I can barely get myself to fetch the garbage cans in from the roadside. As far as British tv, I have been watching "Are You Being Served" and another one I like is "Keeping up Appearances". Fawlty Towers is yet another one that gets me laughing. John Cleese is a raving lunatic in that show; I mean that in a good way.

Comment

Hello Lizzy. How do I do it? Well it's not so much self control as learning what and more importantly when I can do things, as well as how to do them(take breaks etc etc)

Of course it also helps that I've screwed up about a zillion times, so you can say I sort of learned at the school of hard knocks.

While I'm very happy with the way things went this year, I also know that next year I may be a recluse and do very little at Christmas, but I'll accept that in stride too.

They say that you learn from your mistakes, if I actually learned from my many, many, many mistakes I'd be the worlds smartest man by now. LOL However as I age I find that, while I haven't learned much from my mistakes, I have gained a little wisdom on how to handle them.

Plus the one benefit of getting older is : When I was young I was considered a smartass, pain in the neck at times, whereas now I'm just considered a bit of a crusty old man at times LOL. Plus of course people around me have discovered that as I've gotten better, I
                  no longer accept snide remarks about not working etc. I either ignore them or bite back. (on my good days that is) . Take Care. paul m
                  "Alone we can do so little;
                  Together we can do so much"
                  Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                  X