SAD and bored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAD and bored

I have SAD have been on Wellbutrin for 3 yrs and it seemed to keep it in check in the past but this year I am really suffering. I have very little ambition or energy . Presently I only work one day a week and will be working more full time towards the middle of December
    I don't know if boredom is adding to my feelings at present or just my depression
    i feel I need to be with people but it is hard to let them understand what I am going through it makes me feel weak
    i am also over 55 and feeling like I didn't do enough with my life. Stayed home to raise my children and gave up my career long ago so now I work in a mediocre job and am stuck
    wish I could win a lottery and change my life
    so unhappy and not sure what to do
    i am married but feel we just coexist, there is no love in my relationship and no emotional support

Welcome to the forum Anne01.

Perhaps if you haven't already, a visit to the doctor might be in order. He or she could reassess your medication to see if changes are warranted.

Mental illness is not a weakness but an illness. Often we don't see it that way in ourselves, even though we may know it to be true.

Have you considered counselling? It might shed some light on that feeling stuck and be of help in your relationship.

Do you have any friends or family that can be a support for you?

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Anne01 and welcome. I buy lottery tickets all time and I too hope to win a lottery however the only people that I ever knew that won a significant amount of money it didn't help them and in the case of the one who won a million bucks he ended up in the hospital from all the stress of having instant friends, people upset with him because he wouldn't share and assorted other problems. However I would still like to try my luck at handling that much money.

I can't say what will cure your depression/boredom problems, although if you are not at your max for wellbutrin you may want to ask your doc about an increase or a change all together.. For myself I find that volunteering helps keep my mind off of my own problems,helps to fill in long days and gives me a sense of accomplishment.

In regards to your relationship, as AJ has suggested counselling may help, even individual counselling may help. Other than that, please feel free to ask questions on here, answer other people's questions and/or use the forum to vent out a few problems. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Hello Anne01. I just want to say welcome to the forum, and I hope you'll check in again soon.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
        X