As good as coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As good as coffee?

As usual in the winter months, I've been sitting in front of my SAD lamp almost every day. This might be my imagination, but I think the light may perk me up as much as a coffee would in the morning.

When I'm on my own at home I never make coffee; I never drink much at any time, reallly, maybe half a cup. I do like a bit in the afternoon, generally with someone else at a cafe. It gets me out of the house and interacting with others.

Maybe if I drank larger amounts of coffee at a time I wouldn't find the SAD lamp comparable, but because I don't, it might work just as well! Although admittedly lacking in aroma and taste
    Last edited by uni; January 3, 2017, 05:11 PM. Reason: typpograffickle airers
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

My heart doesn't start beating in the morning without my first cup of coffee! (I couldn't find a picture without a liquor bottle). happy-new-year.jpg
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hahaha! That about says it
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I can testify, from strictly my own experiences, that excessive coffee is not something that is good for me.I love coffee and I could drink many cups a day, unfortunately it tends to one of the many components that leads me to that slippery slope of mania. Too much coffee acts a stimulant on me and also keeps me from getting the proper amount of sleep. Stimulants plus lack of sleep tend to equal mild mania for me and after that who knows. When I smoked, multiple coffee, a pack of cigarettes and little sleep made for a fast trip to mania.

I still have a limited amount of coffee, but I will admit that I miss being able to drink more. Coffee has an aroma? Taste? I thought it only had caffeine LOL. Take Care. paul m

Hello AJ. I love the picture. For some unknown reason my wife has a plague posted over our bed. Some mornings I wake up grouchy, other mornings I just let him sleep. I'm not a morning person and I need my first cup of coffee to even think about being human. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
          As usual in the winter months, I've been sitting in front of my SAD lamp almost every day. This might be my imagination, but I think the light may perk me up as much as a coffee would in the morning.

When I'm on my own at home I never make coffee; I never drink much at any time, reallly, maybe half a cup. I do like a bit in the afternoon, generally with someone else at a cafe. It gets me out of the house and interacting with others.

Maybe if I drank larger amounts of coffee at a time I wouldn't find the SAD lamp comparable, but because I don't, it might work just as well! Although admittedly lacking in aroma and taste
          Coffee is good, i love coffee.

Comment

Working...
          X