No announcement yet.

The virtual world of social media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FACEBOOK is very important .. As important as DRIVING .. they should teach it .. In a school .. Just like a driving school .. Only people who pass the test can obtain FACEBOOK USER LICENSE ..

Comment

I think that is an excellent idea!

Comment

Hello Jafar. I can see why many people might think that Jafar. I still feel that if people want to vote, they should have to take a very small and easy test first. LOL. I know that's not going to happen. I don't happen to think that Facebook is as important as driving. If I was given the choice between giving up my driver's lic and giving up face book I know which would go first. However I do take your point about people need to learn protocol and manners to properly use social media. However judging from some of the drivers I've seen lately, I would hope that the Facebook Lic was harder to get than a drivers lic. LOL. There are some really bad drivers out there. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you guys for your interest & replies ..

Comment

Hi Jafar
            I totally agree with you and others regarding FB and fake FB friends. I have deleted most of if not all people I don't know. Another thing is that with even people I do know mom there, there still seems impersonal. Like talking in person or even the phone theremin more ofma personal responsibility. Please excuse my typing errors, as I have none weak arm /hand due to a Stroke. Anyway, about what I was saying, my mother died and 2 long time nfriends who I grew up with but moved away a little bit out of the city, and my cousin said that they will be at the funeral. They messaged me on FB. They never showed up!L. They grow up with me and my mom was so kind to them, like they were part of the family. Them not showing up honestly made me feel really sad, on top of myndepression, on top of my mother's passing. Oh and they didn't even call me contact me or anything. "sigh"

I think that when you are speaking to someone in person, on the phone or in person, there seems to be more accountability than texting me on FB. BTW when I say YOU, I mean me.

Thanks for letting me share here!

Comment

Hi Luna
              that really hurts .. I know how it feels .. losing someone & having no one in the real world .. everybody is busy talking to pictures & names in Facebook .. we're human beings .. not just a picture and a name & Facebook profiles .. we need to be treated like real people ..

Comment

Hello Luna Bella and Jafar. I agree that people tend to use Face Book as an inpersonal way to communicate. I get accused of using Face Book too infrequently. My posts are few and far in between on Facebook. My stock answer, usually said tongue in cheek, is "If I wanted to talk with you I would have picked up the phone and done so" .

Face Book does have a lot of advantages, the ability to easily share pictures for example" . Also the ability to keep track of distant friends and relatives can be a blessing (or a curse) . However I cannot see me ever becoming a big Face Booker.

In regards to friends etc, I only click ok on friendships if A) I know the person and B) I might actually see or talk with them sometimes in the next 10 yrs. I do make a few exceptions, but they are few.

I also hate receiving automatically generated birthday wishes. I don't care if I don't get birthday wishes, but when I know that someone has programmed their calendar to automatically send me a birthday wish forever, including the 10 yrs after I expire, it seems to take a little something out of the intent. Ok I'm starting to rant here so I'll say good night. Take Care. paul m.

"Alone we can do so little;
                Together we can do so much"
                Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Paul ..
                  Facebook is very essential to me .. I'm using it as a blogger .. well , I'm not a famous blogger but I have less than 100 friends on Facebook whom I share my thaughts with .. and I share pictures & videos too .. but the vast majority of these friends reside overseas ..

Nevertheless .. that doesn't help when you feel lonely .. you don't need a picture and a name to talk to .. you need a person who's physically present .. have eye contact with him or her .. see each other body language .. and hear the real voice .. because text & phone calls are not as good as real voice .. real person ..

Facebook helps .. but it's only a virtual world .. not as good as a real one..

Comment

Moreover .. using Facebook is something .. and abusing it is something else

Comment

Excellent topic! I also took myself off Facebook for a couple of reasons: a) it was a time waster and b) I disclosed too much about myself which resulted in "trolls" and other hostile responses that took me aback and wreaked havoc with my emotions.

Comment

I occasionally use Facebook to stay connected to friends and family but I also found that too emotionally draining so had to take a break from it. Now my energy goes into more important things like getting well and settling into my new life. I will go back to it again when I feel up to it.

Comment

Man, I agree with you. The Social Media platform gives us a feeling of connection, but at the same time, a sense o disappointment towards ourselves. We feel frustrated that we do not travel as our friends or followers are doing and stuff like that. I went through this; that's why it is better to consult a coach to rediscover yourself and know your value in this world. I have discovered that I can do more for myself and the people around me. I started a small business on Instagram and Facebook with luxury dresses.
                          Last edited by Linclif; June 30, 2021, 05:00 AM.

Comment

You can always see such situations that some people refresh their Facebook when they have nothing to do, and there are some people even only use Facebook to keep in touch with others. I agree, Facebook is a social network that is already part of our lives, but we need to know how to use it rationally. Facebook has already become a part of our life, and it changed our lives in four aspects: it changed our online life, relationships with our parents, relationships with our friends, and also eased our feeling of loneliness. You can read more here at socialfollowersfree.com. It's an article I wrote. A good day.
                            Last edited by Firekeeper; July 7, 2021, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Hi Firekeeper and welcome to the forums.
                              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                              for not being what they believe they should be.
                              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I have to agree that social media networks are vital nowadays, but it's up to us to pace ourselves in terms of an online presence. After all, social media does offer us an insane amount of opportunities besides communicating with other people and watching videos. For me personally, social media is all about new ways to promote my business. For that, I also use an smm reseller panel to help me grow my account’s awareness, leading to increased sales (hopefully!)
                                Last edited by Daloures; February 18, 2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X