My SAD light is fried!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SAD light is fried!

I use a SAD light in the winter. I can experience depression any time of year, but living quite far north means fewer daylight hours in winter, so I try to level the playing field.

The trusty light that I've used for several years conked out on me last spring. The company no longer produces the model I want. Procrastinator me is only now looking for a new one. I really dislike shopping for these things. They aren't regulated by law like meds are, plus some of the manufacturers are unable to back up their claims. Also I don't do online shopping if I can help it. So right now I'm checking out the local stores with mixed results. I can probably get one for anywhere from $75 to $170; however ideally I'd like one small enough for travel.

Any suggestions, ideas, or leads are welcome!
    Last edited by uni; September 20th, 2018, 11:53 PM.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

The topic should say "My SAD light is fried"!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I fixed it for you Uni. LOL
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni. A couple of places that you may want to look at. The first is the Mayo clinic for an overview https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/art-20048298 . Secondly you might want to try and contact the Manitoba mood disorders. They rent them for a reasonable amount. I know that you don't live in Manitoba, but perhaps they could tell you what type the rent or sell. Also http://northernlighttechnologies.com...rochureUS1.pdf sells replacement lamps and has other info including prices. I don't know what kind of lamp yours is, bu look. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you AJ Thank you Paul

The light's so bright I have to wear shades! In actual fact, I have a lead on possibly getting mine fixed. Will see.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Someone I know had a garage sale recently and has given me a light to try out. It's not officially for mood, but mimics daylight at a lower intensity than the one I was using. I'll give it a shot and see if I notice any difference.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

keep us posted Uni.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I can't seem to get up early enough in the morning to try out the try-out light! Will keep trying
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

It's hard to get motivated in the morning being greeted by a shovel and a whole lot of snow flakes!
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                  X