I think I have SAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have SAD

I think I have SAD. Because I kust kind of get depressed for nothing. I don't enjoy doing my passion, which is music and I don't want to do anything. I feel this emptiness in my chest, I get sad and I cry, I feel I'm hopeless like living makes no sense. It's not that I want to die, but I don't want to live either you know? Like I wouldn't bother just...stop existing. I'm sleepy all day even when I sleep 9 hours, I have lack of energy, I don't have energy to do anything. Although, this only started since the beginning of the winter and I can't think of any reason to feel like this. Not everything is allright in my life but usually I'm just fine. But this winter, I began to feel all this, and more the winter advances, more I felt like this. I did some research and I found all my symptoms fit with SAD. Also, this past week I tried to find some solutions to controle it (like Vitamine D, taking walks, exercise,etc) and I start to feel a little better. So, do you think I have SAD? I just want a sort of confirmation from someone.

I'm on my way to bed after a long day in chaos at the airport. I just wanted to say welcome to the forums before I head off to bed.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Xenon_Music07. Hello and welcome. I can't say whether or not it's SAD or regular depression. However something is not right for sure. If the steps that you are taking don't work you may have to contact a doctor.
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome Xenon_Music07. It sounds like you may well have SAD, but I agree with Paul that you may need a doctor's opinion. One thing about SAD is that many people find it comes on at the same time every fall/winter and goes away in the spring/summer. Then there are some of us lucky ones who get depressive episodes any old time of the year, and use the SAD light as much as a preventive tool as anything. I hope you feel better soon, whatever the cause.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Welcome Xenon_Music07,

I hope that you are continuing to find some relief in exercise, vitamins, etc. I am someone whom finds winter difficult... well actually, November and December are usually the worst for me. In January and February I find I start to feel better... I assume it is the increased light. I spend a lot of time exercising (especially during the fall and winter months) and find it helps.

By for now,
          Kaight

Comment

Working...
          X