Pretty soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty soon

Pretty soon it will be time to pull out the SAD light. Just realized I'm not sure where I put mine. I may have to declutter a bit to get at it - ack!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hope you found it, Uni. I just ordered one for my loved one today who is struggling. Hope it helps them.

Comment

I found the box it came in, now all I have to do is hunt down the light itself. No doubt I put it away in a "safe place" so I wouldn't lose it I hope your loved one finds theirs helpful.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Found my light! I had draped a sweater over it way back when
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hope it helps, Uni.

Comment

I believe it will, once I get back in the groove; it usually does.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Uni, how long does it take before you get back into the groove? Im considering buying one - I keep saying to myself it won't happen this year but it hit me very hard the past few weeks. Ugh.

Comment

Hello JDMW and welcome. Take Care. paul m
                "Alone we can do so little;
                Together we can do so much"
                Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forum JDMW.
                  AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello JDMW, and welcome. Getting back in the groove usually takes me roughly two weeks. I start with a lower "dosage" (intensity and/or length of time exposed to the light} and work up a little each day. Starting with too much intensity of light or for too long can have side effects, like headaches or nausea or other effects I'm not familiar with. The idea is to start low, then slowly increase until you fell ok with the level you're at. I know that sounds vague, but people react differently the same as with meds. It helps to do your homework before buying one, as they aren't regulated in the way medications are, and can vary quite a lot. I will try to post a link to help you out....
                    https://cet.org/ is the website I've found to give the best information
                    Last edited by uni; December 1, 2019, 10:41 PM.
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

It's timely for me that this thread has become active again. I feel I may be sliding into a bout of depression. One thing I haven't done for myself is use my SAD light consistently or properly. Because it's brighter than my previous one I've been using it for ambient light in the bathroom in the morning, and not even every morning. So I've made a sticky note for myself to actually sit in front of the light, for a short time at a bit farther distance than my other one, beginning tomorrow. Hopefully it will make a difference; it has in the past.
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                      X