Private Messages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Messages.

Hello Everyone. Just a quick word on friendships and private messages. Private messages are a great way to make contacts and to sometimes discuss things that we are not sure about discussing on the forum.

Sometimes private messages can even lead to more friendship between members. However one thing that often happens is that someone will leave their private messaging off.

That is fine, and everyone is entitled to do that. However it's also an easy setting to overlook. I recently receivd a request for friendship. I always appreciate a request of friendship. I usually like to say a few words of thanks in response to the request. However if the private message part is turned off then I can't do that.

Again, no problem. However if anyone does wish to check and see if their private message capability is turned on click on private messages, found near the top on the left. Then go to general setting on the left hand side of the page about half way down. Click on this and then check to see what settings you have selected.

I'm not good at explaining all of this, so if anyone is unclear, please just ask me or AJ again. Thx and Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

I didn't even know mine was off. No wonder no one has sent me a msg in the 2 years + I've been on the site. lol.
    Rebecca

Comment

Thanks Paul, I had no idea you had to turn it on (aloso found out why I was looking at posts in reverse order (newest first))
      I want to enjoy my life instead of struggling to survive it.

Comment

Thanks for mentioning this Paul. I have been making the assumption that everyone with private messages turned off has done so on purpose. I now see that isn't always the case. Nice to know.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
        X