Posting cartoons or photos on a thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting cartoons or photos on a thread

Sometimes I come across a cartoon or photo that I would like to post on a thread. I have tried everything but can't make it work. Any suggestions?
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Is it on the web or on your computer?
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Sometimes the web, sometimes my computer, but the latest one came from the web and I uploaded it into my computer (don't ask me how because I have no idea!)
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Let's start with the web. When posting from the web, open the web page where your picture is, highlight http address at top, rclick and choose copy, then go to post in forum, left click on picture of world and put your cursor in the window that opens, then right click and paste web address in there. Click okay. What happens when you try this?
        This gives a link to webpage where picture is.

If you want the picture in your post use the insert image option. Copy and paste in URL option when box opens up. Clear as mud? I can walk you through it on phone or by txt if you like.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Okay the insert image from web isn't working properly.

Would you like to know how to put a picture from your computer in a post? Confused.gif

First download a picture from the web to your computer or use one already on your computer.
          Start a post and use the insert image option. Pick the from computer option. Then click on select. You will then need to find the file in your computer, probably in your Picture folder. Once you find it and you choose it (left click) you will see the file name (your picture) and File type as All. Open. Upload file.

Try to get this far and let me know how you make out or where you get stuck.
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

DSCF4112.jpg

Shiver me timbers and blow me down - it worked! Thanks AJ! This is the one from my own pictures. It's a poor photo, something I took out of an airplane window quickly before it disappeared, but I find it cute. Can anybody actually make it out though? Is there some way to enlarge it?

Now I'm going to see if the internet one will work...
            Last edited by uni; March 24, 2013, 11:25 AM.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

45465_10200910598157342_305403353_n.jpg

Holy crap! It worked again - yay! This is the one I'd uploaded from the internet into my computer.

I will see if I can figure out how to enlarge it on my own. So far all I can figure out is if I click on the image posted here it does enlarge, but that wasn't what I was going for. I remember Atlantis used to post cartoons all the time, so I know it can be done!
              Last edited by uni; March 24, 2013, 12:33 PM.
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Well, enlarging it on my own didn't work. I have Windows Photo Gallery in my computer, and can enlarge it on there but it won't post onto the forum. Is that because, as you mentioned, the insert image from web isn't working properly?

I have yet another question. A few days ago I managed to post an album of pictures on my profile page, but for some reason they all came through too large to look at properly. Is there some way of making them smaller?

Sorry about all the questions, but I've tried finding these things by googling etc. and am still stuck. My go-to guy (my nephew) moved away and I miss himin more ways than one!
                Last edited by uni; March 24, 2013, 12:37 PM.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

To enlarge it you just left click on it.

There is a program you can download (It's called download to your computer and upload from your computer to the forums called image resizer. What version of windows do you have? XP? Vista? Windows 7? I can give you a link to the website. It resizes one image at a time.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Looks like you posted just now while I was editing my previous posts, trying to explain things a bit better.

Thanks for the download/upload thing, I tend to mix them up and therefore avoid using the terms. But it would be good to practice using them because then maybe I wouldn't mix them up so much!

I have Windows Vista. I'd like to get that link you mentioned and see what I can glean from there.
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

The pics work fine Uni - I can click on them to see a larger version. The deer/spring is great - I'm going to show my partner, he'll love it!

K.

Comment

Hello Uni. When I left clicked on the image it came up to readable sizee and it was great. Congrats on doing it. Take Care. paul m
                        "Alone we can do so little;
                        Together we can do so much"
                        Helen Keller

Comment

You can make a picture smaller with image resizer. I'm not sure this is what you're looking for. You can make an image smaller, but I don't see how you can make it larger than it's resolution would allow. Then again, what do I know.

IMG_1705.jpg This is a 3.99MB picture at a resolution of 3648 X 2736 so it's a big picture, but when uploaded to the forums it gets compressed by website. Now I could have resized it to a smaller size and posted it, but I don't know how to make it bigger than it's original size. Is that what you're trying to do? I have some low resoultion pictures in my screen saver collection and when they pop up they don't cover the whole screen.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

tumblr_mfcyaaBzGl1s0kxy0o1_250.jpg This is from the web.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

It looks like I am able to post pictures in my forum posts as well as the next person now - at least until I forget how I'm glad they are coming up ok when clicked on. The deer one is what inspired me to post a picture - it's all too true around here this year!

AJ, I clicked on yours which enlarged them, although one was bigger than the other, but I suspect that's the way it's supposed to be. In any case, thanks for all your help! I did check out the link but have decided not to persue that download, at least for now.

when uploaded to the forums it gets compressed by website
                              I sounds like that's an automatic thing, which explains a lot.

I am wondering something else now (it never ends); did the fact that I posted an album on my profile page come up in anybody's "What's New " thread? If so, and you went to look, are the pictures overly big if you click on them individually? They just went to that size automatically.
                              Last edited by uni; March 25, 2013, 03:20 PM.
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                              X