Most users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most users

I see that on March 3, 2009 there were 117 users on line, which is the most on this site. Is there a particular reason for that? Or did it just happen that way? Just wondering.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hello Uni. I have wondered that myself. AJ and Woody may be able to give you an exact answer, but I would guess that this program defines anyone who even browses a post as a user.

If you watch closely you can see two or three people watching one thread and one or two watching another etc, yet only one person may be signed in. Also topics from here reach the internet and if someone looking for depression info picks that topic from here to read, then that would count as one viewer, even though they never joined here.

On another forum I post on we sometimes have 4-500 browsers looking over the posts, usually it just means that a lot of people have been assigned term papers that day and are looking at mental health topics. The rest of the time we will have 10-20 viewers at any given time. Of course I could be dead wrong.. Take Care paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Paul, from looking at the admin panel statistics I think you're right.
      The count includes members and guests currently viewing the forums.
      The 117 is the total of members and guests browsing the forum on
      March 3rd 2009.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

The Technical Side

The large number of Guest can be attributed to search sites like Google, MSN, Web Crawler, Altavista, Ask, etc... etc...

These search engines have automated programs that try and look at every page of information on the Internet. While I was writing this response, there where 2 Registered Users and 9 guest. Out of those 9 guest, 7 where MSN bot (automated programs) looking at all the post on our site so that when the next person looked up the word depression for example, it can give you 52,500,000 results in the blink of an eye. Google was 81,000,000! Start adding up all the different search engines and it adds up.The numbers vary depending on the time of day, but it gives you an idea.
        Woody

Comment

Holy online users Batman! So not all guests are necessarily people. This is all very enlightening.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
          X