active user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

active user

A question. When I am logged in does my name automatically come up as an "active user" under "what's going on"? When I use the Firefox (browser?) I don't have to log in, seems I already am. When I use the Internet Explorer I have to log in. I don't want people thinking I'm an active user if I'm not because it could be misleading. Thanks.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hi Uni,

You might have at one point or another check off the box that says remember me and when you come to the site, it automatically logs you in when you return.

One reason why this might happen with Firefox and not with IE is that you might have different ways the cookies are handled.

If you click on Log Out in the top right hand corner, the next time you leave the site, you will have to log in the next time you visit the site.

I am unclear in regards to your question about active user but you should only be shown on the active list from the time that you Log on till the time you Log Off. If you do not Log off and just close the window, the system will time out and you will be automatically removed from the active list.

Let me know if you need further details

Woody

Comment

Hello Uni. I don't see your name all of the time so I don't think it is showing you as a constant active user. In fact I would say that well over 50% of the time when I open up this site I am the only one signed in.

I never actually log out, I just leave the site and I presume it is as Woody sez, the system just times me out. If I did see a name all of the time I would just assume that they had multiple web pages or tabs going and were only occasionally checking in on the site, while working on something else.

Sometimes I will do that while I am researching something, especially if I need to continue to refer back to this site for info, in which case it could appear as if I am on here for several hrs. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
      X