Off to the beach :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to the beach :)

I am going to Hawaii. Yippee. I will be gone from the 4 to the 15th of Feb. with very little if any internet access. Stay well, and 'see' you when I get back.

Fun At The Beach.jpg
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Hello AJ. Have fun, sleep lots(not too much), write. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

have a great time!!

Anne.
      Anne.

Comment

Please have a nap for me on the beach! I luv that; feels like a cat lolling around in a sun spot!

Enjoy the break.

Comment

Have a great time in Hawaii. Last time I was there I was not well (unstable) so I don't remember much but what I do remember was that it was beautiful. I hope you have a lovely relaxing time.
          Tracey

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm a little nervous about the whole airport thing. The crowds are difficult for me to deal with. Always feels like an interrogation at customs. I get randomly picked for bag searches, pat downs, you name it. Now the body x-ray thing is being used. I worry about them questioning my drugs, even though they're all in labelled vials. What to say if they ask me what they're for. Maybe they're not allowed to ask. Almost everything goes in the suitcase, although in some places you have to take that thru a security checkpoint too.

Okay, I'm going to breathe now, then I'm going to enjoy my vacation.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Have a great time AJ !
              Woody

Comment

Hello AJ. Usually the best way to handle the drugs is keep information to a minimun. If asked, say there for arthritis, if asked for more detail you can say some are for mild anxiety problems, add especially how you don't like flying. If they still don't believe you or question you more you may have to add depression. That should cover all possible reasons for your meds. Depending on the customs officer, if you admit to haveing a "major mental illness", which to them bipolar is, it could be problems. Does not mean you will denied entry, but they may ask a lot more questions such as "do you have proof that your employed?" bring along your last couple of pay slips in case.

In all likely hood if you are packed as you say you are, you will not have a problem. A US custom guard has the right to ask any question and to search anywhere.

Relax. I went through a lot a few yrs back and usually never got asked what my meds were. When they did they bought my explaination. Have Fun. Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

I'm back. Had a great time.

It'll take me a while to play catch up.

Guess what Paul, I got patted down again. Last time going thru Vancouver, this time in Hawaii. Geez. I should buy a lotto. I find the whole affair very stressful.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Good to have you back AJ and look forward to hearing all about your holiday
                    Woody

Comment

Gosh, thanks Woody.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Great to hear your Hawiian holiday went well AJ, and good to have you back.

On my recent trip to the states every single person got patted down at Calgary. There was also removal of shoes, plus my purse was gone through with a fine tooth comb. And they wouldn't let me bring any apples into the states unless I could prove by the stickers they were grown there. Seriously. Seeing I'd removed the stickers to wash the apples, I ate them before boarding. Ate the apples, that is, not the stickers haha.
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi AJ and welcome back.

Bet those sunsets were something else.

Comment

Hello AJ. I agree with Woody. We missed you. I am glad you had a good time. Sorry about the customs, I would imagine that would send any anxieties sky rocketing.

Looking forward to your posts, Take Care. paul m
                            Helen Keller

Comment

Customs confiscated an orange once, I got to keep the apple.

The pat down did not help my travel anxieties, but I am here to tell the story.

The sunsets were amazing. So is 27C. Just right for me. I could so skip winter and never miss it.

Back to work today.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                              X