This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin forum & modifications group

If anyone is interested, I found this vBulletin forum & modifications & discussion group:

This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

I have no idea if it is good/bad/free/expensive, etc.

bb

Thank you for the link BB

I do how ever believe that if you have any question regarding the workings of the forum itself, you will find the answer within FAQ or by posting your question on the Help Desk.

Other than esthetic's modification, the forum is it's original format.
    Woody

Comment

Hello BB. The one big problem about electronic communication is no matter how I answer your question I could appear as trying to be a smart a*s. Anybody who knows me is tempted to just leave the smart out and allow me to render the other part true.

Having said all of that, I'm not trying to show off my smarts or lack thereof just offering a simple answer to your question(too late right). If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see that this is a vbulletin software ran forum. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
        Thank you for the link BB

I do how ever believe that if you have any question regarding the workings of the forum itself, you will find the answer within FAQ or by posting your question on the Help Desk.

Other than esthetic's modification, the forum is it's original format.

Woody, I find it very disrespectful that you did not bother to check your assumptions about why or how I found the link. In a place where we seek understanding and trust others to make the effort to understand us--and us understand them--this is most hurtfull.

It also seems that you either did not bother to fully read my post or look at the link to find out that it contains a potentially enormous tool box of ideas to make the forum here better. I understand that the codes and the subroutines are even posted there. How is it that I somehow don't deserve the basic respect--and possibly 2 minutes of time--for you to bother to read my post, ask a simple question of me, or click one direct link?

To help our forum, I was looking at other forums that use the same software as here for ideas about making things better for everyone. I stumbled across this entire forum of almost 500 people who actually program and implement the modifications to this software and thought, "Wow! Someone who is more interested in this aspect than I am should be made aware that this resource exists."

The words we type are all we have to communicate with each other.

bb

Comment

Originally posted by paul m View Post
          Hello BB. The one big problem about electronic communication is no matter how I answer your question I could appear as trying to be a smart a*s. Anybody who knows me is tempted to just leave the smart out and allow me to render the other part true.

Having said all of that, I'm not trying to show off my smarts or lack thereof just offering a simple answer to your question(too late right). If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see that this is a vbulletin software ran forum. Take Care. paul m
          I did not ask a question. This is not an oversight on your part, it is simply insulting.

You know I have been looking for ideas of how to make this forum work better for everyone. So why do you think I would post a link to a forum of almost 500 moderators and programmers of forums who always talk about ideas and experiments for making their forum software better--when they aren't posting the codes and programs of the actual modifications for other forums to use?

Would the mystery not deepen at all when you found out that *gasp!* this forum uses that same software that those moderators and programmers are using and discussing?!?

bb

P.S.: I disagree. I believe the biggest problem of electronic communication is how people choose to use it to communicate.
          Last edited by AJ; March 6, 2010, 12:35 PM. Reason: unnecessary negative commentary

Comment

Hello BB. Sorry if I tried to help you understand a few things about what software and how the forum is run. Perhaps you already knew all of that information . But I was not insulting in the manner in which I offered the info. paul m
            Last edited by paul m; March 5, 2010, 02:19 PM.
            "Alone we can do so little;
            Together we can do so much"
            Helen Keller

Comment

Hello BB,

No one here is looking to disrespect you.

I am very familiar with the site you gave us the link for. I get updates monthly if not more often from them. It is a good resource for ideas but poor site if you are looking to the understand the workings of this forum. If you are looking to understand more the working of this forum, the F.A.Q section at the top is still the best place to start or simply ask a question here on the Help Desk.

We are always open to suggestion as to ways of making the site better and safer. We have made a few modification already from its original installation; some visible to everyone and some on the administrative side.

If you have a specific suggestion we would be more then happy to look at it.

Now I urge everyone to take a step back, and let tempers cool.
              Woody

Comment

Woody and paul_m,

Is it or is it not disrespectful and insulting to ignore what someone says?

bb

P.S.: Please note that this is a simple question of relatively simple words. Nothing is quoted. Nothing is referenced.

Comment

I am closing this thread

I am closing his thread. I don't believe this discussion has been helpful to anyone. This topic is simply going around in circles. I don't think the tone has been a positive one. I do believe that cyberspace has it's limitations in terms of the intention of the words that are written. If anyone has a problem with my decision to lock this thread, please use private messaging to express your concerns.
                  AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                  X