Facebook and Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook and Twitter

I just noticed the Facebook and Twitter icons on the posts. Being tech challenged and not overly observant, I'm wondering how long they've been there and exactly how they work. Any education on this is gratefully accepted
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

At one point Facebook and Twitter had active links on the forums that were inactivated. For the life of me I don't see the icons anymore. Where are you looking Uni?

Ok I see it now. The webmaster just did some webpage maintenance. I'm going to ask him and get back to you.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

OMG! That puts a small, weird paranoia in the back of my mind that the stuff I write on here will end up on my Twitter! I know that is stupid but that was my initial freakout reaction LOL! That would be a paranoia nightmare! I'm so paranoid I can't cope with FB!

Comment

I have spoken to the webmaster and MDSC staff and the icons for Facebook and Twitter have been removed. There may be a link to those social medias put on the MDSC forum website, BUT there will NOT be any link to specific users or user's information.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up AJ. I was beginning to think I was seeing things!

Freakout Fabienne, I sometimes get freakout reactions too, whether they're warranted or not! Rest assured that if AJ says nothing regarding our posts goes to social media, then nothing regarding our posts goes to social media
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks Uni. The links to Facebook and Twitter, linked to users accounts has been removed. A general link to Facebook and Twitter has been placed at the top of the forum page beside BLOGS. It simply links to the MDSC Facebook and Twitter page, NOT to any MDSC users account.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I never thought logging on different platforms with my Facebook page can lead to something I don't control. Recently I observed on my Facebook page that was shared different links from a site I logged in to long ago. After some more digging I found out the app I was collaborating with for my Facebook promotions let my info be shared on other platforms too. At that point, I logged out immediately and started using famoid, here we are 2 months later I am more than satisfied. What I want to say is that you should be very careful when you log in with your FB or IG account.
              Last edited by FrancissJordan; October 25, 2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X