Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

Colic

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colic

The wonderful day you have always dreamed of has arrived! Your beautiful, healthy baby has come home. Grandmother comes over for a first visit and feels compelled to tell you, in dreadful detail, about the horrible colic that the baby's father had as an infant.

The terror on her face raises your already high anxiety. You recall seeing several articles in Working Mother magazine on colic and wish you had read up on the topic. And sure enough, at 6 p.m. on the dot, your little angel launches into a three-and-a-half hour episode of uncontrollable screaming. Grandmother has long ago left with a knowing smile on her face, and you are left with this burning question...

What is colic? What are signs and symptoms of colic?

" It is also important to remember that not all fussy babies suffer from colic. Most Infants normally cry two to three hours per day, but this is usually spread out during the 24-hour period.

In some studies, no discernable cause was found for a quarter of those babies who suffered from colicky episodes. This is very frustrating for most parents.

It is certainly known that amongst all colicky babies, there are factors that may worsen the colic symptoms:

1. overfeeding in a futile attempt to lessen the crying;

2. feeding certain foods, especially those with high sugar content, for example, undiluted juices may increase the amount of gas in the intestine and worsen the situation;

3. the presence of excessive anger, anxiety, fear, or excitement in the household; or

4. probably a multitude of other factors as yet unknown.
    Last edited by Woody; May 29, 2009, 02:13 PM.

Hello Woody and AJ, I see that you have edited all of this guys recent posts. I presume its because he had a link where he is really trying to sell us something.

I have enough problems in my life without somebody trying to entice me into hitting a link under false pretenses.

If he wants to post something without a hidden agenda, great, otherwise just finish the edit.

On the other hand you two do a pretty good job, I trust your judgement and maybe I'm just a tad colicky myself, so feel free yo ignore me. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Paul,

If Christopher was pushing Nokia phones or other dubious products he would be good in an instant. ~Flash ... gone~ But some of his post in the past have started some conversation that we might not have had. We have now warned Christopher and if he persist, further measures will be taken.

Woody

Comment

I have already addressed Christopher's post and it will stand as is.

If you disagree you are welcome to take it up with me personally via PM.
        Thank you,
        Woody

Comment

Working...
        X