Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

Online intervention can help problem drinkers: study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online intervention can help problem drinkers: study

The CBC has an interesting article about a study where online interventions was found to be effective in changing drinking behaviours. You can read more here if you would like more information.
    Woody

Very interesting. Thx Woody. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks for the post Woody. An online alcohol help line sounds interesting.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I thought it was. Not everyone can walk into a room full of strangers ...
        Woody

Comment

I would be very interested in an online GA meeting/support group if anyone has any links to something like that i would certainly appreciate it.

I have been looking online myself but haven't had much luck yet.
          Take Care,
          Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
          "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hello Atlantis. Here are some on line GA forums. I have not ck'ed any of them out so I cannot say if they are good or bad.

None of them are in CDA. I hope this helps. Take Care. paul m
            "Alone we can do so little;
            Together we can do so much"
            Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul
              Take Care,
              Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

http://www.gansw.org.au/ (I joined this one )

Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop gambling. Our primary purpose is to stop our gambling and to help other compulsive gamblers do the same.

http://www.olganon.org/

"(Olganon) On-Line Gamers Anonymous is a self-help fellowship. We share our experience, strengths and hope to assist in recovery from the problems caused by excessive game playing, whether it be computer, video, console, or on-line."

I am not sure if Olganon is a support group for gamblers or just gamers. I will try and find more info and post later.
                Last edited by Atlantis; February 25, 2010, 12:44 AM.
                Take Care,
                Karen

Comment

I'm very happy to see that you're looking for the help Karen! that's the toughest part, and you did it!!
                  Anne.

Comment

Working...
                  X