Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

How to escape from work stress?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work How to escape from work stress?

I work in the corporate sector and its a 9 hours job. I知 the head of a 50 member team. There is a lot to do and I知 constantly running around in the office. On top of that, I have to handle all the employees, achieve targets, and complete the project in time. I know that's what is expected from me though I知 not able to cope with it now. Migraines have become so constant nowadays. I知 having trouble sleeping. Even my family life is getting affected. I知 not able to spend much time with my kids and wife. I guess my wife is on the verge of getting a divorce. My bowels movements are not regular. I知 not able to handle my anger too. I'm constantly shouting at all the employees. I知 sure even they are suffering because of my attitude. I知 even thinking about leaving the job but that痴 not going to solve the issue. I even started yoga but don稚 know why it痴 not showing results. I know it痴 me who is getting all stressed out, but I知 not able to adjust with the fast pacing life. I need some professional help. My friend suggested me to consult a psychologist. Even he was having anger issues and now it's in control after he underwent peak performance training. I don稚 know much about it though I would like to know your suggestions on this. I want to create a healthy working atmosphere in my office.

Hello Sniper and welcome. Learning how to handle stress and anxieties can be a major chore. Stress and anxiety are the cause of big problems for me. My life is not as stress provoking as your's is and I still have problems. So my suggestions may not be useful for you.

I try to schedule maintenance time for me. Currently I put the stress producing items in my life on hold on Tuesdays and Sundays and in the evening. Also if I have something come up that I can't handle right away I try and put it in the back of my mind and not think about it until I have to.

Consulting a psychologist or taking a course like the one you outlined may prove helpful. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forums sniper65. You have a lot of responsibility with your job. The fact that you're not happy with how you are handling the stress, and looking for ways to make changes is a good first step.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Sniper65 and welcome. I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed, especially at work. I've never heard of peak performance training; it sounds more like a career related thing than a form of psychotherapy. Does your workplace offer employee assistance mental health support? What would you think of going to a psychologist or other counselor?
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
        X