Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

How to escape from work stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work How to escape from work stress?

I work in the corporate sector and its a 9 hours job. I知 the head of a 50 member team. There is a lot to do and I知 constantly running around in the office. On top of that, I have to handle all the employees, achieve targets, and complete the project in time. I know that's what is expected from me though I知 not able to cope with it now. Migraines have become so constant nowadays. I知 having trouble sleeping. Even my family life is getting affected. I知 not able to spend much time with my kids and wife. I guess my wife is on the verge of getting a divorce. My bowels movements are not regular. I知 not able to handle my anger too. I'm constantly shouting at all the employees. I知 sure even they are suffering because of my attitude. I知 even thinking about leaving the job but that痴 not going to solve the issue. I even started yoga but don稚 know why it痴 not showing results. I know it痴 me who is getting all stressed out, but I知 not able to adjust with the fast pacing life. I need some professional help. My friend suggested me to consult a psychologist. Even he was having anger issues and now it's in control after he underwent peak performance training. I don稚 know much about it though I would like to know your suggestions on this. I want to create a healthy working atmosphere in my office.

Hello Sniper and welcome. Learning how to handle stress and anxieties can be a major chore. Stress and anxiety are the cause of big problems for me. My life is not as stress provoking as your's is and I still have problems. So my suggestions may not be useful for you.

I try to schedule maintenance time for me. Currently I put the stress producing items in my life on hold on Tuesdays and Sundays and in the evening. Also if I have something come up that I can't handle right away I try and put it in the back of my mind and not think about it until I have to.

Consulting a psychologist or taking a course like the one you outlined may prove helpful. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forums sniper65. You have a lot of responsibility with your job. The fact that you're not happy with how you are handling the stress, and looking for ways to make changes is a good first step.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Sniper65 and welcome. I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed, especially at work. I've never heard of peak performance training; it sounds more like a career related thing than a form of psychotherapy. Does your workplace offer employee assistance mental health support? What would you think of going to a psychologist or other counselor?
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

This is an old topic but always current for the majority of the population, especially considering the landscape of our (US) health and political climate. I have been supporting a meditation/visualization group for adults over the internet. We've been meeting for almost 6 mos and the feedback has been overall positive. I continue to offer a meditative internet group for adolescents which, surprisingly, has been received with great zeal. Start early and stay calm! At any rate, we all have stress in our lives and no one has the answer for our situation except us.Intend to create self guidance. ( creationthroughintention.org )

Comment

Welcome to the forum MelsHealingLove.
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome to the forum MelsHealingLove , Take Care paul m
              "Alone we can do so little;
              Together we can do so much"
              Helen Keller

Comment

Hello and welcome MelsHealingLove.
                It sounds like you're doing your part to make a difference in people's lives. I agree that starting early to learn healthy habits can really be valuable, and that we have to each find the answers we need. You never know until you try something. I have a couple of guided imagery exercises that work for me.
                Take care and stay safe!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good way of relaxing is face yoga exercising. Face exercises are an interesting topic. After all, we strive for a youthful appearance, and these exercises could help if done regularly and adequately. So ensure you do your research before embarking on facial exercises. I could recommend you some good tips from faceyoga.com because I practice it very often. As I am a TV reporter, it helped me to relax my face after work fully. I think you should try them too if you feel exhausted. Your face will look and feel fresh the next day.
                  Last edited by Sativea; May 12, 2021, 10:29 AM.

Comment

The thing is that if you don’t like your job, leave it. I know, corporate responsibilities suck. But, I left them three years ago, and I feel more than perfect. Stress, anxiety, my boss who is cynical, who needs all these? No, man, if you have all these symptoms, go away. Look for another job, or better, be your own boss. I'm now, and I have my own web developer agency. I work with three more peoples. We moved to Singapore to find more opportunities. We have a fantastic office in the center of the city, provided by osdoro.com.sg
                    I regret that I haven't done it before.
                    Last edited by Atonic; June 18, 2021, 03:34 AM.

Comment

The best way to escape from work stress is to work within the hours you are required to and don't go over it. It is also best to look for hobbies that will keep you active... not only for your physical but also for your mental health.You can do a lot of things for me investing has been good, it can be crypto, finances, self improvement or collecting
                      Last edited by laojuntasa; June 25, 2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Sniper, I hope your situation has improved as I see this is an old post. I wanted to reply as I was previously in a similar situation, in the same environment. Does your company have an Employee Assistance Program? This could be helpful and is confidential. Some things that helped me were trying to stick to regular work hours and not do too much overtime to avoid further burnout. Also, sticking to a regular sleep schedule is really important. I found that getting outside for a walk daily was really helpful to clear the mind. Meditation also is good to help with stress. You really do need to put yourself first which I know is hard when you have so many responsibilities. If things don't improve, I would see a doctor who will then likely refer you to a therapist or someone with more experience in these type things. Best of luck. Cheers

Comment

TizerBrown20 thank you for sharing these amazing ideas. Sniper, I use a planner and organize my day to avoid working late. When I started working I would frequently end up working late. Now that I plan everything out in advance I get my lunch break every day and I ensure that I finish work on time. I allow myself one hour per client, which leaves me with lots of time to complete other tasks before the end of the day. I also have a healthy, breakfast which helps me get through the day. Be sure to take a break during the day. I always start tasks before the due date, so I am never rushed or stressed on the due date because the task has already been completed.

Mocha231

Comment

The hell with the work stress. I can not believe I am also a victim of this disease. I regularly think I have mental problems. Unfortunately, I discovered a good therapist that gives me homework exercises that helps me to relieve my stress. I recommend taking action instantly when you feel too much emotional pressure. For example, my fiancee had such periods, and she did yoga and wore some brown leggings, and when I saw them in these clothes, I knew she was happy because she came after her pilates class. Find what gives you the most pleasure, and I assure you will be fine!
                            Last edited by Sativea; October 6, 2021, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X