Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

Alcoholism rearing its head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoholism rearing its head

I found out today that a young person dear to me who is at risk for alcoholism and experienced a lot of serious trauma has been drinking and isolating.

It breaks my heart. I've had others close to me with alcoholism and it's a tough road. I hope and pray this person gets help before it's too late. Everything's all secretive and that doesn't help.

I just needed to go somewhere and tell someone without judgment getting in there. I do have a fair knowledge of addictions and attend support groups, but damn it's hard when somebody young and vulnerable with few supports gets into it. I can't do much because his people are so hush-hush, don't talk about it, whatever, and I want to remain a safe person, but when the older adults involved won't acknowledge the situation I feel there's little I can do except hope and pray.

Thanks for reading.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~
Working...
X