Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

late evening eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food late evening eating

I'm having trouble with eating late in the evenings. I've experimented a bit and am fairly certain that the later I eat, the worse I feel the next morning.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to stop it most nights. I'm stuck on this one and it is giving me an awful feeling to start the day with. My tdoc is trying to help but I keep sabotaging myself. It's really starting to get me down . I'd be grateful for any support/suggestions/comments. Thanks.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Have you tried healthy versions of your favorite snacks, you would be surprised with a few simple sustitutes and voila an unhealthy snack becomes healthy

I love pita pizza's, with fresh veggies on top, pineapple and chicken, yummy, you can control the portion size, have whole wheat if you chose and decide on the toppings...

Don't worry to much about late night eating...As long as the total calories for the day are the healthy amount for your BMI you are fine, no matter what time of day the calories are eaten...Also, if the snacks are "lighter" on your stomach they will be easier to digest in the night time and you may feel better in the morning...

You could also try to snack a little earlier in the evening for a week at a time, to get used to it and see how that works, baby steps at a time...

If you really enjoy it, there are healthy ways to incorporate it into your life, try googling healthier recipes of your favorite snacks...Hey are you thinking what I'm thinking, maybe a new thread...Comfort Foods the Healthy Way
    Take Care,
    Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
    "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Great suggestions Karen.

Uni hang in there. It's tough to change what and how we eat, but it is possible. Karen's right, baby steps.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Same ... and for most part I will crave something that has been fried. It's not like I do not have healthy food to snack on. I do. I will go and have a bowl of granola crunch cereal for example and not long after I am back in the kitchen, not because I am hungry, but because it did not satisfy that need.
        Woody

Comment

Thanks for the helpful comments, I really appreciate them. Yeah, baby steps. I get impatient and frustrated sometimes. On the upside, I did eat a bit less last night than the night before. Dare not promise about tonight, but I feel somewhat encouraged, especially with you guys to grumble to.

Karen, I like the idea of lighter snacks maybe being easier to digest at night. Drat, I suppose this means I have to go to the grocery store, maybe even with a list, which means planning ahead, what a concept The trick is to avoid the frozen goodie and bakery aisles. Why is that so hard anyway? Although sometimes I think of my tdoc's words about just walking past, and it works. Other times, not.

Woody I hear you. And how come sometimes I can satisfy the need with a small amount of a treat, and other times it's like trying to stop a speeding train? Some of this could be med related but even so it would be nice to remedy.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I am a big fan of the tv show the Biggest Loser...
            You would be amazed at how they make people's favorite meals/snacks with a few simple substitutions and the food is much more healthy (still tastes good too!) and of course if its healthier for you it is generaly much easier for the stomach to digest and if it's healthier the mind feels better about you eating it too
            Take Care,
            Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

Hello Karen. They do amazing things on The Biggest Loser, that's for sure; it can be inspiring.

I agree about the substitutions. I forget that it helps the mind as well as the body, and get hung up on how tight my clothes feel instead of changing my thoughts and actions. It's so tough but I'm not giving up. Just trying to go a day at a time and have reasonable expectations, and remember "baby steps".

So last night I still overate, but for what its worth it was healthy food. I didn't shop with a list, but amazingly enough bought no junk. I think the prices are what saved me. Yogourt on sale, frozen and bakery goodies not, so I bought the yogourt .
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Remember not to give up everything, moderation is the key...

I just bought Digestive cookies with a thin layer of milk chocolate on them, but they are actually really healthy for a cookie...But I still get the taste of chocolate which I love.

So, if you want a snack food, just try a pick the healthiest one you can
                Take Care,
                Karen

Comment

I try to eat small portions of snack food. I'm eating a row, three squares of dark chocolate. Yum. The rest I left in the kitchen.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Dark chocolate is much healthier than milk chocolate...Oh, I just wish I liked it
                    Take Care,
                    Karen

Comment

mmmmmm... chocolate? food? I'm there whether it's morning, afternoon or evening!! :P
                      Anne.

Comment

Hi Anne,
                        It's nice to hear from you How have you been?
                        Take Care,
                        Karen

Comment

I am having trouble with eating period...doesn't matter what time of day...but late night seems to be the worst. I work hard to keep it healthy all day then the evening comes and I blow it...I binge! Once I mess up I let it be a free for all and I really sabotage myself. I need to lose some weight and these darn meds are only hampering my efforts...UG! I hear you uni...It really is HARD!!!

Comment

I'm having the same problem... I eat one meal a day - and it lasts all day!

Anne.
                            Anne.

Comment

I'll have to remember that one.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                              X