Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

"fed up" (very funny)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food "fed up" (very funny)

I am needing to vent, grr. I'm not sure whether to scream or cry at this freaking eating. Not sure if I even feel like doing anything about it. Bleah.

That's all. Thanks.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

I hear you uni... going through the same thing!!

Anne.
    Anne.

Comment

for both of us Anne.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I may be going about it the wrong way, but I've decided that I'm going to "fix" one thing at a time... and the first thing I'm going to fix my mind first then worry about my eating and weight...

Anne.
        Anne.

Comment

Anne, you make a good point.

Although I try to at least scratch the surface of them all, but I'd rather be heavy and stable than light and out of control.
          Wishing you well,
          Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Hello Anne. You are so right. Trying to fix everything all at once does not work.

Having said that sometimes I find that I also have to make permanent concessions to my illness. I know that I am always going to have periods of intense cravings for food, I am always going to have some anxiety problems, I am always going to have etc etc.

I'm not saying that we should just give up on watching our weight, but perhaps we shouldn't feel quite so lousy about our failures and celebrate our success a little(lot) more.

Just surviving these illnesses is a something we all should be proud of. Surviving and having even a glimmer of hope for a better future is amazing. Take Care. paul m
            "Alone we can do so little;
            Together we can do so much"
            Helen Keller

Comment

well said Pual,

Thanks for reminding me that although some days aren't the most successful, there are still successes and I should remember them and be proud of the things I do right.
              Wishing you well,
              Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

yep... I need to learn to see the positive in situations...
                so help me find the positive in this? LOL

Anne.
                Anne.

Comment

Hello Anne. Postives? Well if you hadn't gotton ill you wouldn't know Woody and AJ. Take Care. paul m
                  Helen Keller

Comment

uh, good point Paul...
                    you forgot to include yourself in there too!!

Anne.
                    Anne.

Comment

Hi Anne and everyone else

I'm not sure what bothers me the most about my odd eating habits; the foods I chose to help control my mood swings or the extra weight I put on based on my overeating...I had been doing so well for about a year and I managed to maintain a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods in the right proportions.

Ever since I got really sick last March, I have had a low grade depression and managed to put on 20 lbs since June...sigh...

The extra weight feels awful and all my clothes are way to tight and very uncomfortable...I also hate the fact that all i want to eat is peanut butter, it makes me feel better...The food choice I make when feeling low changes from time to time but I often get stuck on one particular food item and eat that to the extreme...Once I got stuck on pop tarts and I lived on them for a month or more....Not good...

Does anyone else experience anything like this?
                      Take Care,
                      Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
                      "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

get stuck on one particular thing and eat it until I burst? yup, yup, yup!! all the time.
                        let me see, for the last few months I've been totally addicted to pepsi lime... if I go one day without it, I'm crabby!

Anne.
                        Anne.

Comment

Hello Karen. Peanuts are always a weakness for me, in the shell, roasted, plain, unsalted, salted, but you get the picture. One habit I have been able to control(Lately) is eating a large container of chip dip(french onion) with a very small bag of chips. My wife sez I should just save money and use a spoon.

I also could live (for a short while) on a diet of cold coke, cold pizza and cold KFC. Everything else about me is normal. Take Care. paul m

Hello Anne. It is sooo tempting to ask how many days you have been without pepsi lime now, but you might think I was serious rather than just teasing . Take Care. paul m
                          Helen Keller

Comment

lol
                            thankfully for you all I've had some of it yesterday... so I'm still good!

Anne.
                            Anne.

Comment

oh if only when I made the batch of peanut butter cookies I could stick to eating a couple in the evening for a treat with a cup of tea/coffee...Instead I leave the entire batch on the cookie sheet on top of the oven and I keep going back to the cookies until they are all gone...I am especially bad if I wake up in the middle of the night, I love to eat and watch tv in the middle of the night...I always hope when I go to sleep that I stay asleep until the next morning.
                              Take Care,
                              Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
                              "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
                              X