No announcement yet.

I need help again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello JudyC. In regards to support groups in the Kingston area you can follow this link: http://www.mooddisorders.ca/event/ki...up-of-kingston

They have a variety of supports available. Take Care. paul m

Hello MoeMo. Actually your comment about CBT made me laugh out loud when I first read it. I've been told many times and in turn have told many people how great CBT can be. I , like the others, have rarely mentioned that it is ****** hard work. (not to mention easy to forget LOL)

In regards to my son and I. It is extremely difficult for me to keep my mouth shut sometimes when I'm talking to him. However I know that if he is having a mood swing it will do me little good to interject or try to help , except in very subtle ways. Nor during those swings does he want to hear how good old Dad got over it. ( besides he knows that dear old Dad still has a few problems LOL).

We also have an agreement that when he is in a good frame of mind that he will listen to some of my advice. I have the same agreement with my wife. My wife can be a little more blunt with me as I really would hate to have to live under a bridge at my age LOL.

Good luck trying to educate your family and don't let it get you down if you fail at some points. Persistence can pay off, as long as we don't sound like a broken record. It also helps to realize which ones may be educated and which ones refuse all attempts at improving their knowledge. I'm never going to change my Father's beliefs about mental illness, but he has learned that I won't accept criticism from him either on that subject anymore. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

My daughter who has BP has been babysitting her two nieces since they were born, 4 and 2 years of age. The brother-in-law is at home in the day right now because he is a construction/carpenter and is in between jobs. My other daughter,K. has told S.(BP) that she doesn't want her to babysit any more because brother-in-law feels uncomfortable with her crying when she gets upset or her mood swings or I'm not sure. S. is having a very hard time of it and again I don't know what to do. K. has been excellent with S.'s mood swings and they have been very close and helpful to each other for a very long time. I'm not sure what has happened except for what I have said. Now Nana and the brother-in-law are sharing babysitting and S. is out of the picture. She misses the two little ones and cries on the phone every time she calls me. I'm in the middle. What do I do? K. says she wishes I hadn't moved so far away and recents that I can't look after S. and left it to her. They were getting along great, I thought until 3 weeks ago. I tell S. that this is a good time to work on herself and she is looking into a program at CAMH and has an excellent social worker who comes by weekly and helps her and listens to her but the days just drag for her with nothing to do. I try to keep busy but know I'll get that call sometime with her crying and now I'm starting to cry. OMG what next. Does it have to be a crisis before it gets better? I want everything better and everybody happy. What do I do?

Comment

Working...
      X