Two sons .. Two countries .. part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two sons .. Two countries .. part 3

On the last week of April 2022 I finally moved out .. That was a consequence of a terrible mistake I made two years ago .. I hate to repeat myself .. You can read part 2 for more details ..
    Now I live in a bungalow house in the main floor .. The landlady and her boyfriend live downstairs in the basement ..
    I wish I could afford paying the whole rent but the house has three bedrooms + living room + kitchen .. Only one bathroom ..
    I'm paying 1000$ to rent two of the bedrooms .. I don't need to if I want to save money .. My room is large and Spacy and fully furnished .. The whole house is fully furnished .. But I'm just paying extra to avoid having roommates ..
    I have one roommate who's renting the third room and there's a possibility that he might move out in 2023 .. and I'm ready to pay up to 1200$ per month to rent the whole place .. My privacy is worth paying the money .. and it's good for my mental health ..
    Most of my ODSP benefits is being paid only for rent .. I have to work to earn more money to make ends meet ..
    Only now I realize how naive I was .. My son took advantage of me .. He had a different plan in his mind .. and he moved in to live with me two years ago with an intention of obtaining a signed lease agreement to use it against me .. He knows the law better than me .. it's a stupid law bit it is what it is ..
    As soon as he got the signed paper his behavior changed completely .. his attitude is simply telling me to " shut up bit### " .. If I don't like living with him then I'm the one who should leave ..
    It's history now .. But I'm still in shock .. I can believe how selfish people can be .. but I can't believe how selfish my son can be .. the whole agreed plan was to make him move in to help me make our residence tidy and clean and welcoming to my younger son when he comes from England to visit us .. but my older son had his own secret plan .. He doesn't care about his dad or brother .. He only puts himself first ..
    My older son has borderline personality disorder .. and he's on ODSP .. apparently he's having a hard time finding a place to live in .. nobody wants to share a place with an unemployed mentally ill 27 years old male who stays indoor 27/4 .. and behaves in a very selfish way and has very little social intelligence ..
    The only way for him to find a place to live is by using his naive dad to obtain a lease agreement from an illiterate landlady who trusted me .. He would never get that signed paper if he asked for it directly ..
    To make things worse I only asked him to pay me 300$ per month .. Because he's my son and I wanted him to pay me less .. But that was only if he shares the place with me .. If I leave he should pay 500$ or at least 400$ directly to the landlady .. But now he insists to pay only 300$ .. and refuses to leave even after I left .. He's still living there and refuses to pay a penny after having several clashes with the landlady .. actually hasn't paid a penny for more than a year .. Last eight months we lived together I refused to take money from him .. I wasn't talking to him and I didn't want anything from him .. I just paid the whole rent and wanted him to leave .. but he didn't ..
    I made a bad mistake by trusting my son .. however , it's also obvious that he is the trouble maker not me .. even after I left he's still failing to hammer a compromise with his landlady .. and now the latter is blaming me for leaving my son behind
    Well .. It's her mistake too .. she didn't try to take any action earlier .. she had enough time to act when I was still living there .. but because she was receiving the rent in time and because she didn't have to deal with my son directly .. she didn't move a muscle .. I was the one who was suffering .. and she wasn't smart .. she waited for me to move out to take action ..
    Maybe .. Just maybe .. It could have been easier to evict my son when I was still living there ..
    Last thing to say :
    It's very obvious that finding a decent cozy place to live in is becoming less and less affordable in Ontario .. and in my opinion this is a serious problem .. it's the last thing I need as a person who's struggling with bipolar disorder .. and the last thing any mentally challenged person need ..
    Last edited by Jafar the wizard; October 27, 2022, 06:39 PM.

Hi Jafar. You certainly have been thru a lot with your son. I’m glad you moved out and got a place of your own. The financial burden can be a struggle for many.

is your name still on the lease at the old place?

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I had a separate lease agreement for me
      And my son's lease said only 3 months lease .. But it seems that even if it's three months only that lease doesn't expire after three months .. Which is ridiculous .. what's the use of writing three months if it doesnt expire ? ..
      Last edited by Jafar the wizard; October 29, 2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Does it make any difference if my name was mentioned on my son's lease ?

Comment

I was just wondering if it was your lease now or his. You aren’t responsible for it in any way if it’s under his name.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
          X