Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mentor Discover Inspire .. part 1

Mentor Discover Inspire .. Abbreviation : MDI

On November 2020 during the lockdown of the pandemic crisis .. I decided to try attending weekly online meetings on Zoom with a group of men in southern Ontario region .. it appeared later that it's actually under the umbrella of a North American organisation called M.D.I. : Mentor Discover Inspire ..

All members are men and it has a mission that we always rehearse :

" our mission is to cause GREATNESS by mentoring men to live with EXCELLENCE as mature masculine leaders and to create successful families , careers and communities "

Being a ( men's group ) doesn't mean we're against women .. that obvious from the start .. any se**st hate speech is forbidden .. But the group is dedicated to support men in a positive way to improve their lives ..
    It was not exactly what I'm looking for but I was curious and started attending their weekly meetings and ended up being an active member and paid 30$ a month .. which might sound a big number for a person like me who's on ODSP .. But I was ready to pay it because I needed something I don't have : a social life ..

That wasn't the only group I was a member in .. I joined 5 social groups on Meetup app and I was very successful in being an active well recognized member .. the only different thing about MDI is that it provided a secure place where I can talk openly about my mental illness .. But I never revealed anything about my illness in Meetup groups .. In these Meetup social groups I'm just a healthy talented individual who plays music and sings karaoke and attends dancing parties and many other social activities ..

Talking about MDI .. On 2021 I started meeting members in person .. Yes .. Some ofOur weekly meetings were in person and some on zoom .. and some of the members became friends with me .. we started meeting individually outside the group .. and until this moment I'm an active member in this group .. and most of our meetings are in person now ..

to be continued

Note :
    I just wanted to share these personal information because I think other members in Mood Disorder Society might be interested in learning more about it ..
    Last edited by Jafar the wizard; April 30, 2023, 05:07 PM.

Hi Jafar. It’s always nice to hear from you. Thank you for sharing how the Men’s group has been beneficial for you.

I sent you a PM.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Jafar, it sounds like you've got a good thing going! Congratulations on taking the initiative and putting yourself out to meet new people. It sounds like it's worth it. I too have a support group I meet with virtually and in person. I don't do the musical stuff (I lack talent - just ask my family) but I'm glad you have fun with making music with others
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks Uni

Comment

Looking forward to reading part 2 Jafar!

Comment

Will post part 2 as soon as possible
            thanks Just-a-position

Comment

Working...
            X