Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOMES for SPECIAL CARE & WOTCH. Are there any others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOMES for SPECIAL CARE & WOTCH. Are there any others?

Would anyone know of some other 24hr supervision community assisted living housing arrangements in the City of London, Ontario?

I've been able to find two so far, the first being WOTCH, although I'm not sure if they offer the 24hr supervision and the second being Homes for Special Care. My brother, who has a learning disability, has been living with Homes for Special Care for upwards of twenty years. However, both housing organizations have a long wait list of upwards of two years and I would like to help my bipolar-2 friend get her name on the wait lists. My bipolar-2 friend is currently living in a homeless shelter and has been relying on the homeless shelter for upwards of eleven years. The bipolar agitation prevents her from living independantly. Her mood cycles can change every hour, so she would have difficulty concentrating on the daily tasks of living independantly. She's tried before in the past with no long-term success. This time, assisted living may be the better route to go (?). She's about 70% ontrack and would need help with the other 30%, such as paying bills and grocery shopping.

Regards,
    Dan
    London, Ontario

Hello Dan. Unfortunately the Gov'ts are much better at talking than doing. All you can do is contact CMHA in London and find out what, if anything is available. In London they do have an ACTTS team(Assertive Community Treatment Team) This team consists of social workers and medical personal that are available to be contacted 24/7, thus enabling people to live on their own http://www.london.cmha.ca/bins/conte...87-2296&lang=1 . I don't know about London, but in the rest of Ontario they run from being great to being useless.

London also has a center for independent living, but I don't know much about it. http://www.ilcla.ca/ Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
    X