Don't Quit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Quit!

I found a poem online that I want to share with you all, it is a powerful poem and it helped me when I wanted to quit. If you yourself or you know someone who is in need of a bit of extra encouragement, then I ask that you send them to to hear for it may encourage them to keep them going, because it gave me a reason to keep fighting and not give up. Here is the poem for you to enjoy.

Don't Quit
    Author Unknown

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road your trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and its turns,
    As everyone of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about
    When they might have won, had they stuck it out.
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
    You may succeed with another blow.

Often the struggler has given up
    When he might have captured the victors cup;
    And he learned too late when the night came down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far;
    So stick to the fight when your hardest hit,
    It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit!

You mustn't quit no matter how hard things are, because at the end of every darkness there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Megan
    Last edited by Sakura_16; May 9, 2009, 02:34 PM. Reason: Didn't want to defend other's cause of what I believe in.
    I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do. I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem. I believe you can't appreciate real love till you've been burned. I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye. I believe you can't control or choose your ***uality. I believe that trust is more important than monogamy. I believe that family is worth more than money or gold. I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires.

Thank you for sharing that poem with us Megan

As fare as your religion goes so long a you do not make it an issue, I will not either
    Woody

Comment

Hello Megan. Thx for sharing the poem. I agree that religion can really help many people. I have seen many people show improvement because of their belief's.

I promise not to discriminate against your religion( or anyone else's) as long as my religon is not discriminated against either. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

had it not been for my newfound beliefs, I can safely say that I wouldn't be here writing on this message board...

"a place where I can be free from it all"... a place I aspire to get to myself Megan. one day soon!!
        Anne.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the poem Megan.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I will..

I am glad that you guys had enjoyed it. Each one is allowed to have there belief. I will edit the post and take it out.
            I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do. I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem. I believe you can't appreciate real love till you've been burned. I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye. I believe you can't control or choose your ***uality. I believe that trust is more important than monogamy. I believe that family is worth more than money or gold. I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires.

Comment

Hello Megan. You did not have to edit out your belief's(at least as far as I'm concerned) . I firmly believe that religion works wonders for some people. I am always glad to hear how someone was helped , whether it be by religion or green tea.

I sometimes advise people to join a church in order to find a sense of belonging and fellowship. However I do have my own views and once in a while I print them. I sometimes find people less tolerant about my views, than their own. Take Care. paul m
              Helen Keller

Comment

I find it real nice to see people express themselves about their beliefs.
                Anne.

Comment

Thanks hon

Originally posted by paul m View Post
                  Hello Megan. You did not have to edit out your belief's(at least as far as I'm concerned) . I firmly believe that religion works wonders for some people. I am always glad to hear how someone was helped , whether it be by religion or green tea.

I sometimes advise people to join a church in order to find a sense of belonging and fellowship. However I do have my own views and once in a while I print them. I sometimes find people less tolerant about my views, than their own. Take Care. paul m
                  Thanks hon, but I feel that this is the best thing I can do. I will more then likely not be posting much on here.

Comment

Megan you're welcome to drop in as little or as much as you want to. It's always nice to hear from you. Take care.
                    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                    for not being what they believe they should be.
                    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ..

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                      Megan you're welcome to drop in as little or as much as you want to. It's always nice to hear from you. Take care.
                      What I mean is that after this post, I'll more then likely not be posting again.

Comment

Hello Megan. If there is a point as to why you are dropping out, it has evaded me. As far as I can see you have been made to feel welcome and still are welcome to post.(not that I have any say) Anyways, I'd like to see you continue to post. Take Care. paul m
                        Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                        X